Office Space Special Edition

I’m not greatly impressed with the special features (no commentary?) but there are some interesting featurettes and several deleted scenes. Plus it’s only $19.99 MSRP, which means you can probably get it online for about $12.

Clearly, if you don’t own this DVD already, now is the time.

“You don’t need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Take a look at my cousin. He’s broke, he don’t do shit.”

“Well what would you do with a million dollars?”

“… two chicks at one time.”

My copy is on its way. This is my all-time favorite film.

“PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?!”

“If we get caught, we’re not going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. We’re going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.”

“Hey Peter, man, check out channel 9, it’s the breast exams”

I’m too busy with my TPS reports…

No commentary? Thats bullshit. Guess there is no reason to replace my current version.

No worthwhile extras? COCKGOBBLERS!

In addition to the new special edition “with flair,” Best Buy was selling a special boxed version that came with a red Swingline stapler for $23.

The lack of commentary has made buying this go from a sure thing to a “Maybe. If I feel like it.”

I don’t own a copy of the original, special featureless version, and I’ve been eager to buy Office Space on DVD, but I can’t help but wonder if there’s not going to be a triple-dip Super-Special Edition coming along with a Mike Judge commentary. I just don’t understand why he wouldn’t do one for this much beloved film.

Is there some legal issue here I’m just not getting?

/Eph

I think it’s more along the lines of some directors don’t like to do commentary - Spielberg and the Coen Brothers spring to mind. Seeing as most commentary is painful, I wish more directors would make that decision. It’s incredibly rare to find creative people who also happen to be good at discussing their own creativity.

Perhaps if they had prepared some notes before the recording session many of these painful commentaries wouldn’t be nearly so painful. Extemporaneously talking about their work while watching it without any notes or prep just seems like a recipe for a rambling, disjointed commentary track.

Or if they would actually clear their schedule. Halle Barry actually walks out in the middle of the Forster, Thornton and Berry commentary track on Monsters Ball due some other appointment.

This version supports anamorphic widescreen, while the previous version didn’t. Which only really matters if you have a widescreen TV.

I was confusing this with the british show The Office. I really enjoyed that sitcom. So is Office Space similar or recommended viewing for someone who enjoyed The Office?

You have never seen office space?!

Get thee to a nunnery! Etc.

Office Space is recommended for anyone who’s ever worked in an office.

Office Space is recommended for anyone who’s ever worked in an office.[/quote]

Well I’m in a cubicle right now so I guess I should watch this movie. But seriously, half the quotes in this thread could have easly come from ‘The Office’ hence my confusion. So who ripped who off (I’m not sure which was first). Anyone who has seen both comment?

Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays.

Office Space -1999
The Office - 2001