Offworld Trading Company from Mohawk Games

The Daily Challenges are also on Manager (the even level), so they are a great way to prepare for MP by taking away the auto-pausing. (They do have wildly random maps, however, so you might see more extreme situations on the Daily than in regular MP.)

Patch 3 went out today with a variety of fixes and improvements. :)

Full changelog: http://forums.offworldgame.com/477702/

That’s exactly the nerf I had in mind for Scavengers. Neat.

Reni-6 is now 3% less likely to become sentient, take over your computer and begin ordering batteries online.

Aww man, now how else am I supposed to distract my opponents during the match?

Steam invite sent, perhaps we can get a match tonight for your stream even ;)

I would be interested in some multiplayer action too. http://steamcommunity.com/id/jab2565

Sounds good!

I know some people have been wanting to play Soren to get the ‘Beat Soren’ achievement, so I wanted to give a heads up that he’ll be playing on the Mohawk Twitch stream on Thursday at 10am ET.

I not-so-secretly hope he gets to manhandle that poor sap from last week again. That was the most apologetic ranked match I’ve ever seen in any game and it was hilarious.

booooo for workday hours!

and thankfully it looks like it’s a “play Soren” achievement. (at least from the changelog posted)

Yep, there’s a Play Soren and a Beat Soren achievement. :)

Do you have a link to that Otagan?

Specifically, this video starting around 4:30 for the first game.

I assume you mean the game that starts at 20:00. Yeah, that was… something special.

I like the added context of the first game since it makes the second more impactful, but I absolutely give you credit for trying to help the poor guy either way.

In a multiplayer match is it possible for both parties to lose?

Yes, yes it is. It’s called having the AI kick your butt, and that was the story last night. While I wasn’t the first to go, I wasn’t long after either. Not being able to pause does change things, as in the end I couldn’t quite tell where I went wrong. Too late getting the patent office? Possible. The AI pulled away as we got to level 4&5 bases, but honestly I’m not sure what they did better, other than everything, obviously.

It’s the lack of pause, I guess, that messes me up. The AI just outleveled us really early. Also, that map had awful resources.

I think there was, literally, 3 carbon deposits on the map. I had almost complete dominance on silicon/ glass, parking my base next to/ on top of the best patch.

Honestly that’s probably what helped me most, having steel and glass literally bordering my base. Otherwise my slide into irrelevance would have gone quicker.

Yeah, I was looking for silicone but it was gone. I just put my base in the worst possible area like a dipshit.

Was fun, though! I’d like to get more people involved.

I think my favorite option is the one that gives your human opponent a fake name so you can’t target them.