Offworld Trading Company from Mohawk Games

One of Hearthstone’s top streamers, Trump (pro Hearthstone and former pro Starcraft player), is currently playing OTC for about 10k viewers.

Nice advertising I guess, would think a lot of people miss out on the game because they do not realize what it is, and what it can do.

well better than not getting some 10,000 viewers never to have seen the game!

I wanted to say… good job, devs.

I started playing past Sunday, and for now it looks a very good game.
-Original idea, and well executed!
-Clean and nice graphics, with some cool animations
-Good, not overbearing but distinctive music
-Very decent tutorial, I liked the humor touches
-Factions with just enough gameplay differentiation
-Interesting idea for the campaign mode, though right now I only have seen the start. Seems evolved enough to feel more than a chain of skirmishes games.
-AI that right now beats me in equal terms. :P

Though I played the entire tutorial, and I know the pieces of the game one by one, I still have to get a good feel of how it all blends together in a cohesive, competitive experience. I still have some gaps in my knowledge, maybe this weekend I will be able to go deeper in the game.

Currently 50% off!

Anyone interested in going in on a copy of the deluxe edition?

I finally bought a copy. Sorry I waited for a sale…

The 2 and 4-packs are also on sale in the store here.

could be up for a 2-pack if anyone’s interested…

If anybody wants to play multiplayer then look me up evenings EST on steam, profile name “Chappers”.

Joining the chorus on the fourth practice game.

So close to winning on my second try. My rival and I had two offworld trading markets and we were both about to ship and acquire enough cash for the buyout. I was hovering over the mutiny attack trying to decide whether it was worth the $70k short-term hit. He shipped one rocket and was up to 87% of the cash needed to buy me out. I waited… just 20 seconds left on my shipment…

And then his second rocket went up. I don’t think he had bought the goon squad, so I probably could’ve won right there if I had used the mutiny. Curses!

$70K is a lot of money for an Offworld mutiny in a situation like that. You’d need to hold the Offworld for a full launch cycle and actually get a launch off to net any kind of benefit (apart from obviously delaying the other player’s ability to launch), and setting up the launch in the first place would cost you money above and beyond the $70K in order to buy all the materials (whatever you’re launching, aluminum, fuel). Before your mutiny launch would trigger, the AI would still get to relaunch the Offworld you didn’t mutiny, so unless you were able to make up your $70K investment before that time it wouldn’t have made a difference.

I’d say you probably made the right call by not springing for the mutiny. The desperation move in a situation like that is usually to cancel your launches and sell down the resources that were tied up, which gives you an immediate burst of money at the expense of future Offworld profit you might never be able to collect. Whether that made sense in your scenario is totally up to prices and cash-on-hand totals.

Getting that close to finishing usually means you can polish it off in the next round or two, so keep after it!

Yeah, I’ve gotten eaten up by that 4th practice mission (or is it 5th?)as the scientists on that carbon-poor map. It’s been a huge step up in difficulty. …[quote=“TimJames, post:1071, topic:74837, full:true”]
Joining the chorus on the fourth practice game.

So close to winning on my second try. My rival and I had two offworld trading markets and we were both about to ship and acquire enough cash for the buyout. I was hovering over the mutiny attack trying to decide whether it was worth the $70k short-term hit. He shipped one rocket and was up to 87% of the cash needed to buy me out. I waited… just 20 seconds left on my shipment…

And then his second rocket went up. I don’t think he had bought the goon squad, so I probably could’ve won right there if I had used the mutiny. Curses!
[/quote]

I watched a replay of a daily challenge winner to learn the benefits of debt and auto-selling resources. Cruised to victory on my next try. Next up is the campaign.

Kudos to Mohawk for making a real-time boardgame.

Patch 5 for OTC went out today. :)

Full changelog: http://forums.offworldgame.com/479008/

Features

• Added an option to Turn Off Unprofitable Buildings
  • You can now speed up Daily Challenge games (if you want!)

Balance

• Debt thresholds are higher in games with 5+ players
  • Increased effect of Power Shortages and Surpluses
  • Lowered starting Offworld prices for Food & Oxygen
  • Colony grows faster

Fixes

• Fix for the bug where you couldn’t name the lobby when you created it

AI

• Better algorithm for holograms

UI

• Better piracy feedback
  • Shows resource lines when placing scientific buildings
  • More accurate Total Costs text for constructing buildings
  • When observing, can now see closest buyout percent for all players
  • Better piracy feedback
  • Shows resource lines when placing scientific buildings
  • More accurate Total Costs text for constructing buildings
  • When observing, can now see closest buyout percent for all players

Monthly reminder that I would still very much like to have the beta voices back as an option. Bonus points if the auctioneer is an option as well.

I need to get back on this. Still want to try and beat the campaign with the scientists. Narrowly failed last time!

New DLC out!

It’s called “Ceres Initiative” and takes you off Mars, to Ceres. New location, new resource (Uranium), new building, new challenge (depleting resources!), new patent. Sounds good to me!

Was this DLC free? I seem to already own it.

My main game key was a part of a founders bundle. Not sure if that matters.

That sounds cool, thanks for the heads up, rhamorim.