Offworld Trading Company from Mohawk Games

Soren’s next 4x game:

https://www.tencrowns.com/

Thanks! But, I seriously, literally don’t care what it is, if there’s a founder’s pack, I’m buying it. It’s stupid what a good deal that was for OTC, not to mention what a great game it is.

I’ve been playing a few missions of The Europa Wager. Really fantastic little puzzle scenarios, much like Blue Chip Ventures, with a nice narrative to them.

I’m a bit sad that we don’t see Europa in the generic Mars campaign (the way Ceres does). I hope that could be added in - it’s a lovely tileset and it would be really sad if those of us who don’t play much skirmish don’t get to see it outside scenarios.

I’ll be doing the same. I didn’t really spend a ton more on OTC, though. Of course I didn’t get the benefit of supporting and playing the game early either. My purchase history:

Market corrections: 3.07
Europa: 14.99
Conspicuous consumption (Stardock Humble Bundle): 0.00
Limited Supply (Stardock Humble bundle): 0.00
Jupiter’s Forge (prize, launch contest): 0.00
Scenario toolkit: 3.97
Ceres initiative: 3.97
Blue Chip Ventures: 3.97
Patron and the Patriot: 4.99
OTC Deluxe Edition: 49.59

Total: 84.55 before tax.

If I had to pay for Jupiter’s Forge and bought the two Humble DLC outright it would have been about $110, and totally worth it!

I think split 4 ways the founders pack came out to around $20.

Ah, I didn’t think of doing it that way. I think I just gave my extra deluxe key to my brother.

Yep, splitting the founders pack was the best deal ever!

It does not seem to count towards the founders edition. At least not in my case. Frankly I feel like I have been robbing Mohawk games with all the value I have extracted that I am actually pretty pleased to be able to pay for something!!

Go look in the game and be sure isnt listed under single player. It was acting up in the store for me. On OTC page it didn’t show it as owned, but going to the page for the dlc it would say it is in my library, and then it was there in game and I was able to play.

In case any other GOG users are wondering, I’ve asked support there about the lack of updates and whether or not we’re ever going to get the new expansion.

Gosh yes you are right! Looked again now. The day it dropped it seemed to indicate I needed to buy it but now it shows as in my library,

That founders edition was daylight robbery pure and simple!

The GOG thread reminded me: GOG still doesn’t have the last few DLC for Offworld, which is disappointing. Asking GOG support gave me the usual reply that they don’t comment on the release of games (or DLC).

Colour me incredibly disappointed.

Me too. Guessing we’d need @SorenJohnson to look into it & tell us what’s going on.

Diego

On my phone so it’s a pain to go searching, but I would ping the person that has been posting to the game threads for Stardock updates.

The Brad alias?

@Tatiora is there a way to find out what is going on with Offworld Trading Company and GOG? Apparently the last few dlc haven’t made their way there?

Turns out that the Minor Factions DLC for Sins of a Solar Empire also never made its way to GOG, with someone from Stardock/Ironclad claiming it wasn’t worth the time/resources.

Just pull the games from GOG, then.

And that’s (almost) the reason I don’t care about GoG anymore. If they’re not gonna pull unsupported games from the store, I’ll caveat emptor myself somewhere else.
Not that this is near the worst case, there are games that just don’t work, but at least a warning would be nice.

To be fair, it’s more of a developer/publisher problem than a GOG problem. THQ Nordic, for example, do a stellar job supporting GOG, as do many other developers and publishers.

DRM free is important to me, so GOG is the place where I buy 98% of my games. (That’s an exact figure.)

So your position is that you want GOG to… what exactly? It’s not like GOG are telling developers “don’t give us all the DLC for your game.” This is publishers/developers screwing GOG, plain and simple.