Offworld

With Tom’s permission, I’d like to invite you all to check out Offworld, our new games blog at Boing Boing.

Brandon Boyer, formerly of Gamasutra, is the guvnor. Here’s a quote from his Hello World post that sets the tone:

I’ll be bringing to it a focus on the overlooked, the underappreciated, the rise of the independents … guest appearances by and regular features from people outside the games industry proper and those that have had only marginal influence but deserve more, because it’s when those influences come in that the results have been some of the most magical and memorable

Thanks! Your comments and thoughts will be much-appreciated.

Offworld.

I’ve been reading since it was announced on Boing Boing. I’m not yet convinced it’s giving me something I’m not getting elsewhere, but nice work so far, Rob B.

[I can’t comment on the page design as the content just gets fed into Google Reader.]

How cool! An animated browser tab icon! Please kill it, kthanksbye.

Seriously, I like Boing Boing, but Offworld seems way over the top in page design. Too bright, bold and flashy. IMO Offworld would be better toned down to base Boing Boing level. Plus none of the articles right now seem very interesting.

Note that there are posts from Dr. Crypt as well, not sure why he wasn’t mentioned.

Brandon is a good guy, worked with him a while at Gamasutra. Good luck

A gaming blog, never seen one of those before no sir.

I’m going to be significantly less harsh; I’ve had it on my RSS feed since day one and I think it has been delivering and bringing something fairly unique with decent enough writing.

Thanks for the comments!

Good call on the favicon – it’s been replaced with a standard one. It will eventually be a roguelike, in the fine tradition of Favicon Defender, as soon as I have time to make it.

I didn’t mention DrCrypt because that would have spoiled it for you.

Looks good guys, good luck with it! All the best, really, I know how hard it is to get one of these things going!