Oh, no! There's something missing on the new Xbox!

Title Oh, no! There's something missing on the new Xbox!
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When April 16, 2019

Microsoft has announced the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition console. It's the same as the current Xbox One S, but with one big difference. There's no physical media player..

Read the full article

I get that this is for extremely price sensitive customers… but $50 doesn’t seem like enough of a price break to make it worth it. Especially when you consider how often we’ve seen the Xbone S for $200. And couldn’t they have at least thrown in the most recent Horizon game?

I’m not explicitly against the idea, but the execution could use some work.

The pricing on it is bad. Since the console will force users to buy games through Microsoft’s store, and I assume they make plenty of money that way, they should subsidize these to make them more attractive. Fifty dollars isn’t really worth having to give up brick-and-mortar bargains or my friend’s borrowing library.

Jeez, how stupid do you have to be to just forget to put an optical drive in a device? What a bunch of morans.

I’m not sure that price sensitive customers is what they had in mind for this… I believe they are just testing the waters to see how successful a online only console will play out. Whats worrisome for me is that this will work since the majority of the population is in big cities where access to fast internet is cheap and accessible, therefor their sales will still look good. The problem is people living in small towns with no good internet options are going to be left in the dust.

This concept also completely crushes actual price sensitive customers who can invest in a semi-expensive console as long as they only buy used games from pawn shops and yard sales for a few $ here and there. I’ve never paid for a new release $60+ game and probably never will, thus I will probably be left in the dust as a gamer if everything goes to online sales only.

Like I said in the other XboneSD thread, don’t think of it as $250. Think of it as $50 cheaper than a XBoneS.