OK here we go: NOT P&R: Circumcision: Are you?

So, yeah. We have a son on the way end of July, and we have to make the Circumcision Decision. So, since I have nothing better to do than post hideously personal questions to Qt3, I’m posting TWO polls on the subject.

Anyone who quips, “This thread is useless without pictures,” will be circumcised.

What I really need is “I’m male, circumcised, and not really in a position to be happy or sad about it” – having no memory of my (brief) former state. I wouldn’t circumcise a son, though; it seems unnecessary to me.

My circumcision went horribly wrong but luckily the doctor made up for his mistake and gave me a robotic penis.

The UN and state of New York both decided it’s a pretty good idea to recommend it as an additional form of hygiene after some pretty wide ranging studies.

In the future, those without aerodynamic penises will be left behind. Is that what you want for your son? (I voted for no. 1). My dad was circumcised when he was twentysomething, so I am just going to have to trust his judgment and say it was something important.

My wife made the decision when our son was born without much inquiry into my opinion on it. He got circumcised because, as she said, “it’s prettier, and most chicks like circumcised dicks better”.

The doctor was pretty much against it. He even went as far as to ask if it was a religious thing. My wife informed him it wasn’t, she just wanted it done. And that was that.

Eww. I guess I never really understood what Spider-Man was going through in the second movie.

Let your kid decide when he’s old enough to use it.

I picked the second one, but it’s not so much that I wish I wasn’t - more that I’m pissed that I had something done to me for no good reason without my input.

Lalalalala… (penis diagrams, ahoy!)

Seconded.

Yes. It was common in the 1970’s, even in Taiwan apparently. I blame the Jews.

Get your son circumcised, he’ll get more blowjobs and less AIDS.

I actually wash my uncircumcised dick twice a day, don’t stick it into aids infested whores and quite enjoy the extra sensitivity it gives me, thank you very much.

How dare you deny the womenfolk your smegma?

You can grow your foreskin back, you know. It’s just skin, which means that if you attach hanging weights to it, it will eventually form back into its droopy old self.

Foreskin restoration… Ah, I remember reading about that in alt.tasteless, before the ascension of the World Wide Web. I had no idea that would just be the fleshy tip of the, er, fleshberg.

You can’t grow back the nerves that are found throughout the foreskin.

As the most richly innervated part of the penis, the foreskin has the largest number of nerve receptors, as well as the greatest variety of nerve receptors. These specialized nerve endings include Meissner’s corpuscles, free nerve endings, end bulbs of Krause, corpuscles of Ruffini, Pacinian corpuscles, genital end bulbs, genital bodies, Merkel’s disks, Golgi-Mazzoni corpuscles, and Vater-Pacinian corpuscles. These remarkable organs provide the foreskin with an amazing ability to detect the slightest sensations of touch, motion, temperature, and pressure. We are still unaware of all the facts about these fascinating structures. Future research may discover even more nerve receptors in the foreskin and help clarify what useful purposes they serve.

As the most richly innervated part of the penis, the foreskin has the largest number of nerve receptors, as well as the greatest variety of nerve receptors. These specialized nerve endings include Meissner’s corpuscles, free nerve endings, end bulbs of Krause, corpuscles of Ruffini, Pacinian corpuscles, genital end bulbs, genital bodies, Merkel’s disks, Golgi-Mazzoni corpuscles, and Vater-Pacinian corpuscles. These remarkable organs provide the foreskin with an amazing ability to detect the slightest sensations of touch, motion, temperature, and pressure. We are still unaware of all the facts about these fascinating structures. Future research may discover even more nerve receptors in the foreskin and help clarify what useful purposes they serve.

Yeap. Extra sensitivity and pleasure during intercourse beats having to wash your dick more often by a very large margin. (Thanks god (or rather my parents) that I am uncircumcised. Of course I would never do it to my son.

Future research may discover even more nerve receptors in the foreskin and help clarify what useful purposes they serve.

Let me save the researchers some time… they’re there TO GET YOU OFF.