Ok I cannot figure out how to delete my account

In line with the thread title: I cannot figure this out. Why do you want to leave? Whenever I come across one of your posts, it appears to be positive, so why stop?

To be clear: you by no means have to explain or defend yourself for leaving: if that is what you want, the choice is yours of course. But if your leaving has nothing to do with the forum itself or the behaviour of its members, it might be nice to say so, so we don’t have to worry about that. If it does have to do with us, it would also be good to know, so perhaps we can do something about it (not necessarily to make you stay, but to prevent others from leaving).

Anyway, all the best to you!

I thought this was about a game. Instead, it’s something sad.

It will suck if you do go because I enjoyed reading your enthusiasm when it came to Warhammer 2.

Also fuck the haters. Tom’s rules are the only rules. As far as I can tell, you’re a valued part of this community in my eyes.

I don’t get it either, and I agree that your posts are always enjoyable and you are a valued contributor to this board. So I’m sorry to see you go.

But if you really want to leave you can log out and never come back. If you’e worried about somehow not having enough willpower to stay away, you can ask tom to close your account (that happened a few years ago during a big event).

I’m always amused when people do a melodramatic post asking for their removal of a forum. Like… dude, just log off and don’t enter in the url again? Is your willpower so weak that you need to be banned or removed?

Sometimes it is that way. It’s hard to let morons, assholes and jerks have the last word, even if it is for the best.

Sometimes, people just need a little support and validation. Sometimes, people just want to know they will be missed. Maybe, after this thread, @KristiGaines decides to to stick it out a little longer, dealing with whatever it is they are dealing with knowing that some of the people here value them.

Maybe they don’t. Which is sad, but understandable.

The hardest part of Qt3 isn’t the assholes or the jerks, the ones that avoid the politics and religion thread for good reason. It’s the people here that seem okay or pretty cool and then you are blindsided by some random opinion, frame of mind or view point.

God, I don’t know how much time I lost in the Epic Thread…

That thread has made me take more then 1 break from Qt3.

But I love me my TBS MP games.

And yet I often get it anyway.

What happened?

@KristiGaines like many others here I would also miss your unchecked enthusiasm for games that radiates from your posts. Please reconsider.

Don’t leave @KristiGaines you are my pixel games soulmate.

And think of the folks who were just discovering Foyle’s War in that mystery show thread!

We love you @KristiGaines take some time out until you feel better, ignore the posters that you don’t like and keep posting about Warhammer Total War, you are our resident expert on this.

Don’t go @KristiGaines - because of your enthusiasm I may play my Total War Warhammer games some day.

I have never been one for having a good choice or use of words, but these are some that came to mind…

I know we never really associated much here @KristiGaines, but your unique blend of innocent, sometimes boisterous, exuberance was always a breath of fresh air whenever I remember reading your posts. Some good advice here and maybe just a little break is all you need. Take care!

Tom is pretty sick and in the hospital (or hopefully, has just been discharged.) It’s likely he’s got a lot going on and may not see this for a bit, just FYI.

See, this is what happens when people are left unfulfilled at 6pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

One of us needs to invent an AI that can Tomsplain for at least an hour at a time. I nominate @Clay

Posts on a public forum are not subject to GDPR blah blah. They aren’t considered PII.

You can’t. We can perm-ban you, temp-ban you, change your password and log you out so that you cannot log back in without resetting your password, change your email and password so that you have to email an admin to get back in. Let me know if Tom doesn’t reply and I can help you out.

Oh no. What’s going on?

He tweeted that he was riding out a bout of non-COVID pneumonia a few days ago, but that he was due to be discharged that day or the next. Hopefully nothing major, but could be stacking some serious sleepytime now. :)

What happened, if you don’t mind me asking? I recommend just stepping away for a few weeks, see how you feel after that, before you do anything that can’t be undone*.

*I doubt nothing can’t be undone though, I suppose.

Whatever happens, take care of yourself, you will be missed!