Ok I cannot figure out how to delete my account

What happened, if you don’t mind me asking? I recommend just stepping away for a few weeks, see how you feel after that, before you do anything that can’t be undone*.

*I doubt nothing can’t be undone though, I suppose.

Whatever happens, take care of yourself, you will be missed!

GDPR is not about PII, it’s about “personal data” which is a much broader category. It being a public forum is irrelevant, the GDPR’s “right to be forgotten” articles would still apply.

The more relevant response to a GDPR complaint would be that Tom does not do business in the EU.

That’s scary. If you’re in contact with him tell him something VERY important. He can continually test negative for COVID and still have it. I have a friend who’s a critical care ICU nurse who was in the epicenter of the Michigan outbreak. They had several patients who they knew had COVID but no test would give them a positive test result. After weeks of follow-up they finally showed.

I will echo the sentiments in this thread and say that I always enjoy your posts and I think that QT3 is better with your participation. We’ve talked about games in multiple threads over the years, and I always value your perspective and commentary.

I understand you have your reasons for wanting to depart, and I support you, but I would ask that you consider a temporary break and not a permanent one. Whatever you decide, I wish you only the best. Take care @KristiGaines.

That’s not always true, based on Article 17, paragraph 3.

3. Paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to the extent that processing is necessary:
(a) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;

User-generated content is still a point of discussion with GDPR and there’s a huge grey area with regards to what a public forum has to delete upon request for erasure.

You’re correct, I misspoke. Believe it or not, I’ve read all of the GDPR about 15 times and all of the guidance and implementation documentation, so I’m pretty familiar with it.

That has no bearing on what @KristiGaines wants here because we will do what we can, upon request, to get rid of her account. The way Discourse works makes it far more difficult to delete all of her old posts (considering they are “baked” to HTML and not dynamically generated and they can be quoted by other people and the quotes are baked, etc.). If Tom isn’t able to help her, I’m happy to help, but I can’t do it beyond what is possible with Discourse and I’m doing it because it’s the right thing to do when requested, not because of the GDPR’s right to be forgotten.

Hey Kristi, I will be sorry to see you go. I had fun adventuring with you in WoW Classic. I’m sorry that scene petered out.

What? No!

tenor

What prompted this? You will be very, very missed @KristiGaines! :(

Sheesh, it was just a throwaway joke, webnerds!

To be honest, I’m also curious of the reason. I clicked on his post history, and didn’t see any discussion on his last 25 or 30 posts. Just normal stuff in games thread, some posts about series or docs, etc.

Might be something entirely innocent, perhaps a new job where having a real name associated with message board posts is a problem, or slightly less unworrisome, but potentially just as ok, an internal psychological desire to change identities.

Whatever it is, lets be qt3 and be supportive eh?

Some people just find that they need to get away from the community because it sucks them in and they’re unable to get their work/life going in the direction they prefer. We’ve “helped” a few people like that. Anyhow, whatever reason is fine.

Holy shit, what

Crap, this probably should be in a separate thread but I hope all is well with him - anything involving hospitalization is scary right now no matter the cause.

On a far less important note, I follow Tom but didn’t see that tweet, which is odd.

I didn’t know Tom was sick either, hope everything’s OK.

@KristiGaines if you PM Tom and me requesting it, I’ll anonymize your account, which changes all your posts to an anonymous name and stops you from logging in. But I’ll echo other posters to say it’s easier just to change your password and not come back. And I’ll echo them when I say I hope you decide otherwise.

Hope Tom and Kristi both feel better soon.

Hang in there, KG! As I’ve been saying to grocery store checkout clerks for the past couple months, “I hope for every one rude a-hole you encounter, you’re seeing 100 considerate, kind-hearted folks.” True at Shoprite, true at Qt3!

And get well soon, Tom!

I, uh, don’t know anything about that kind of stuff, cough.

Omg, cover your mouth.

@ KristiGaines,

I concur, miss you as well, one of the few tactical strategy gamers with similar tastes similar to mine :(