Ok, so this Sarah Silverman bit is funny

Having bashed her as being severely overrated in the past, I have to give her her due on this one. It’s hilarious. At least I think so - of course, she had help. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVJZkDuVBM

Saw this the other day. Very funny. Never thought she was so much overrated, myself. I guess, maybe, some people over sell her as more than she is. I have always thought her stand-up was funny as she is so raw and unpredictable. Kind of a dirtier, less thoughtful Janeane Garafolo.

Matt Damon is quite the sport.

Yeah, I have a new respect for Matt Damon now. :)

Yep, was posted in the YouTube videos thread but presumably no one reads that. Matt Damon rocks. I was laughing so hard watching it yesterday.

Yeah, that thread is too big. What some people think is stellar may be shit to me. Don’t have time to wade through it every time someone gets a chuckle from some random clip. I have actually wanted to post acouple of funny videos here, assumed someone probably already did in that damn thread and simply choose not to.

She’s at her funniest when she’s being crass, obscene, and tasteless.

Her TV show pretty much blows.

I think even in this (which I thought was hilarious), some of her weaknesses show. As much as I love the thing, it got a little “long” in some areas.

I think part of Silverman’s humor (which some really love) is just the act of beating a joke to death.

I think that it was funny (and a lot of it was due to her), but Matt Damon’s presence really made the thing.

For example, if it were just her singing the song and doing all the dancing, etc. (and I’ve seen other sketches exactly like that with her on different themes, including singing out of her vagina, which was terrible), it would not have been nearly as funny.

I remember another one of her entertaining bits when she slagged off Paris Hilton in some awards show back when Paris was about to go to jail.

I continue to find Sarah Silverman as funny as Dane Cook, which is to say not at all. (shrug)

Well, at least she writes her material.

I don’t understand how you could not find her funny. Either way, the best part of that clip is Matt Damon’s awkwardness. He definitely comes off pretty clumsy sometimes.

Damon sang a very similar tune in Europtrip entitled “Scotty doesn’t know”. It goes:

Scotty doesn’t know that Fiona and me
Do it in my van every Sunday.
She tells him she’s in church but she doesn’t go
Still she’s on her knees and Scotty doesn’t know!

Oh Scotty doesn’t know!
So Don’t Tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn’t know!
Scotty doesn’t know!
So Don’t Tell Scotty!

Fiona says she’s out shopping,
But she’s under me and I’m not stopping…

Because Scotty doesn’t know!
Scotty doesn’t know! (X3)
So don’t tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn’t know!

Don’t tell Scotty!

I can’t believe he’s so trusting,
While I’m right behind you thrusting.
Fiona’s got him on the phone,
And she’s trying not to moan.
It’s a three-way call and he knows nothing!

Scotty doesn’t know!(X3)
So don’t tell Scotty!
Scotty doesn’t know!(X3)

We’ll put on a show!
Everyone will go!
Scotty doesn’t know!(x3)

The parkin lot
Why not? It’s so cool when you’re on top!
His front lawn in the snow
Life is so hard because Scotty doesn’t know!

We did it on his birthday…

Scotty doesn’t know!(X4)

Scotty doesn’t know!
Scotty won’t know!
Scotty doesn’t know!
Scotty’s gotta know!
Gotta tell Scotty!
Gotta tell him myself!
Scotty doesn’t know! (X10)

[Chant] Scotty doesn’t know! (x7)
[Chant] Scotty’s gotta go!

Dude, if it’s not on YouTube spare me the details.
:-)

If it isn’t on YouTube it doesn’t exist.

Scotty Doesn’t Know as performed by Matt Damon. I guess it’s not really very funny out of context, but it’s not bad.

The best part about that movie was the fact that they kept hearing different versions of the song.

Perhaps. The Italian molester scenes were my favorites, but replaying that song did have a certain Lebowski self referential quality that I enjoy.

They didn’t just replay it, multiple characters had it as their cellphone ringtone. Totally my kind of movie.

The Damon thing is pretty funny, considering his various jabs he takes on the show, and then the one infamous time he actually winds up being on the show, gets cut off, and storms off screaming and cursing, which according to whatever source you read was either fake (Kimmel) or real (Bill Simmons, a former writer for the show).

— Alan

Because she consistently tries to substitute being repellent for having a personality?