Old World (pka Ten Crowns) from Soren Johnson

You have to left-click to start it. (Somehow, it’s never clear if it should be right- or left-click in these situations.)

Wow, that’s impressive customer service, within an hour of requesting something the developers make it happen :-).

Ok I’d like Donald Trump to stop being President. Might as well aim high!

Serious request, could someone explain how Religion and unhappiness works. I understand you get -1 unhappiness if you the state religion in you city.

I can’t figure out how the rest works.

For example, as Babylon, I was just beaten by the computer getting Manachaism (sp). I resisted letting all the other Religions in my cities and than realizing that Assyrian had it and were bigger, stronger, and meaner than I, so I decide to let Manachasim in and even started spreading it.

Somehow some other religion got into a city. I don’t remember letting it happen but I could be mistaken, can religions spread without your consent?

Now I pissed off every other religion, but ended up with a +6 unhappiness and all it said was religion.
I also had tolerance enacted so I thought maybe that would help.

Anyway I’m at loss to understand how it works in the game, is documented somewhere?

liked

https://twitter.com/LeylaCatJ

Leyla’s perspective on the old boys club is equally valuable, I just don’t know where to do a thread unroll.

I usually don’t care for twitter threads, but that was a good one. :) I knew she had a lot to do with the lovely art in the game, and it was cool to learn she played such a major role in saving the game financially. I’m also very curious about that second project.

Sorry to hear about the status meetings though!

I’ve played a bit with the newest patch, and the trend seems to me to be the barbs are increasingly dangerous, while the main rivals a bit less. My guess is that this is because they are having trouble with the barbs too.(This is on Glorious difficulty.)

Not that this is a complaint, I am enjoying myself very much.

Just cracked open the latest beta to see what’s changed, looking mostly the same, probably need to play 50 or so turns to see what’s up.

One thing did immediately jump out to me, and I know it’s a minor thing, but the build number in the lower left corner on front menu typically has a date stamp on it that’s not on the latest build that updated today?

Still on main branch so I assume that’s just an over sight and it’ll return.

So, since I’m here, anyone still giving this one a go?

Funny, I had stop playing this for a month, and just fired it up yesterday. I want to see the game of the week but it was too easy so I tried another game as Babylon at Glorious. Got about to turn 80, looks like I’m winning but Greece is competitive with me.

They’ve add quite a few new stories, lots of graphical polish and some Qol. I read in the patch notes they improved the ability to look at all the people but I haven’t really noticed the improvement yet.

I really like the game, but it isn’t quite as good as Civ IV, and I’m not quite sure why.

I would like them to put in some more maps bored with the current selection

I dabbled briefly with the game, but early access doesn’t appeal much to me with a strategy game. I’d rather wait until it’s a little closer to release before really sinking my teeth into it.

That was what I ended up realizing too. Even small things like the placeholder art was bugging me.

So hum, her stats say compassionate, and maybe it’s just me, but the mouth says petulant to me:

No, that’s contempt.

Ah, in that case it makes perfect sense as I often have a similar feeling about my game play.

Btw, did I just imagine it, or wasn’t there a mercy rule put into this one? I’m at 31 and the next nearest is 13?!

Do you have Double Victory turned on?

Oh hey, would this list under victory conditions? I show just ambitions and score, if there was double victory would that be on this screen?

Also, just as an aside, ever consider putting a merchandise link off the Mohawk page, I’d certainly be game for a t-shirt with Old World and quite cool tree logo on it.

OK, so I simply started a new game to see for myself, looks like it defaults to on for points victory.

But when I go to victory condition tab (F1) the only conditions listed are the ones I mention above, ambitions and score.

So, don’t know how I can tell once in a game if double victory is turned on, but if it’s on by default I’d assume it’s on in my current campaign, and unless I’m misreading it I’m more than double the next closest nation:

Maybe I’m not understanding what the conditions are for a double point victory?

If it’s not enabled, you can see it by mousing over the hamburger menu:

Oh, excellent, so you can tell mid campaign.

And interestingly it does appear to be on:

Weird, if you’d like feel free to post the save.

If it helps, I, Soren Johnson, officially declare you the winner of a Double Victory!