Old World: The Rise (and Fall?) of Qt3: a playthrough starring you, the folks on the forum!

Okay, so let’s start a new game of Old World in which the characters are people on the forum. Every few ingame years, I’ll post an update on the current situation and a poll asking you how the game should proceed.

[WARNING: If you post in this thread or vote in any of these polls, your name will be added to a list. Whenever a new character appears in my playthrough, I will randomly choose a name from the list and apply it to the character.]

The first order of business is as follows:

Which nation should we play?
  • Assyria
  • Babylonia
  • Carthage
  • Egypt
  • Greece
  • Persia
  • Rome

0 voters

The poll will be open until 9am Pacific on July 6th. Remember that voting means your name goes into the mix and you might end up as a character in the game.

-Tom

Carthage represent!

Wanted to go Carthage for the fun, but the Heart belongs to Persia.

Does this mean the diary’s been cancelled?

This list of options speaks to my interests.

Roma Victrix !

Tom is so good at making forum polls.

Team Carthage.

I am surprised to see how many people on this forum are disrespectful of Amun.

I feel like Assyria is the closest thing to shtbnerz in this poll, and so it has my vote.

Rome! Res Ipsa Loquitur

Asyria! Fthagn Aï Aï!

Now that I’ve voted and seen what a filthy mainstream classics fan I am, I want you to choose the least popular nation.

Delenda est Carthago, as the great Cato said. Apparently.

Egypt, bitch!

</Aaron Paul>

It was a neat run thing with Babylonia and Carthage for me, so I can’t say I’m disappointed with the current results.

Sad to see that Zoroaster is not too popular around these parts.

SPQR.

Go Persia!

I don’t want to be a part of this AAR, but I would like to know this as well

Also pulling for Persia!

Contrary to what some folks were saying in one of the other threads, Tom’s verbose grappling with the game systems lured me into buying it. Granted, I was going to buy it anyway, but I was definitely 100% going to wait for a $10 epic coupon sale. Oh well.

Born in Arizona, moved to Babylonia!