Older ripped CD's sound terrible compared to new?

Don’t stop now, this has been really entertaining!

;)

Nice article on the loudness wars btw. It makes me rather angry.

I’m not very good at this so I’ll do my best. You have my sincerest apologies for the way I misread your posts, responded without thinking and took it to a personal level. I’ve certainly no excuse for the latter, nothing you said deserved any hurtful scorn and more to the point I am completely at fault for completely destroying any positive discussion that could have come from this thread. In my mind my entire argument hinged on the fact that I was under the impression that you thought that it was the inferior digital technology which caused the “bad sound” on the early CDs. After reading, re-reading and still missing the point, reading more and still missing it, then reading again after your last post I see that I made one of the biggest blunders ever made on this forum. We’re no in P&R, I never needed to be so disagreeable and rude.

I hope you’ll accept my apology. If I can do more to make it clear that I feel like the biggest asshole on the internet who was so presumptuous that he completely fucked a thread then please tell me. I’m an inherently argumentative person which is completely unnecessary in this situation but that is only magnified a thousand times over by the fact that I’m not quite sure I’ve ever gotten over some of the people I’ve worked with. The “diploma mill producers” have scarred me for life.

Once more - at least in public - I wholeheartedly apologize. It shouldn’t be embarrassing for you as you did nothing wrong. It’s completely embarrassing for me. I’m sorry, Podunk. More-over, I’m sorry to everyone else (both irc and boards). This was so very uncalled.

Bryce

PS - Whether or not we were talking around one another, I feel incredibly bad for the way I handled this. It is perhaps the worst I’ve ever been on this board. I cannot stress enough how completely I failed as a poster in this thread. I had every opportunity - every time you posted - to realize that I was at fault for arguing against a false assumption of mine. I agree with everything you said (and you said it first, long before I even posted!). It is amazing how missing one single word changed the meaning and the tone - I feel one of the stupidest people on the internet at this point.

Wow, that was one of the most gracious things I think I’ve ever seen anyone post on the internet. I also apologize for taking the negative tone and running with it. Clearly, I have an argumentative streak as well. As I said, the more I looked at the thread, the more it seemed to me that we were actually arguing the same point punctuated by potshots at each other. We both know our shit, and if I’m honest, you probably know more about the technology of recording than I do. And really, you won me over with the huge Alien cock thing. So no harm done, right?

Peace,
Ian

What the fuck is giong on? This is so bizarre.

John

I was almost laughing tears at that point, it’s too bad it’s gone.

Yeah, the whole thing was pretty epic. Oh well, it will live on in our hearts.

That’s one format I don’t mourn the death of. Congrats on the tape, though :) I think.

Think twice! ;)

http://www.says-it.com/cassette/index.php