Omm (not) coming back?

Good for you, Chet. Sounds like it was a real pain. If the contributor/moron ratio is too low, fuck it.

I now consider myself lucky that I only have to put up with wumpus, who doesn’t even email me or call my house!

-Tom

That can be arranged.

— Alan

Peddles? We don’t need to steenking peddles! We play car duel games with a MOUSE AND KEYBOARD, baby, and that’s all the tools I need to operate a real car.

So what is/was OMM anyways?

Old Man Murray, a website that never existed. It was just a clever tease propagated for several years of web ads claiming that it was “coming soon” and promised to be “bitingly funny”, though I never understood what was funny about being bitten.

For the love of Bub, someone clear up the pedal/peddle homonym for this thread! I can’t tell when anyone’s post is serious anymore!

-Tom

Just in case anyone from OMM who visits Qt3 (a fair fraction of the OMMers, I gather) stumbles on this thread, the refugee forum is http://www.planethate.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10

Thanks and sorry to bother you,
–SB

Nope, came here, to post for the first time, cause now that the forums are gone this is where Monty is. Note my first post is a reply to him above. I didnt mention you or the forums at all.

S.

But omm will be back.

Good, OMM was funny. I didn’t much like those forums, though, visited them once and felt no need to return.

what will happen to international game registry now?

[CHET]But omm will be back.

Chet[/quote]

Ok, I can accept all that.

If you’d like to see some final benefit from the forums, though, I’d buy the forum data. That is if you’d sell it. Of course it’d be easier with the forum code as well but I don’t know if you’d want to sell/license that.

Thanks,

Dunc[/quote]

Think back.

Remember when you had something to say?

Remember when other people agreed with you?

Remember when you didn’t care if people didn’t agree with you?

Bring them back chet.

Don’t worry guest, I am there. I am so there, I don’t give a damn about your post.

Everyone likes the guy who doesn’t give a damn, until he doesn’t give a damn about them.

Chet

He really really likes us!!

Crap crap crap on a crap cracker. I’m just amazed that the OMM forums caused so much more hassle compared to the POE forums. I would have bet that it’d be the other way around. Amazing. I figured the forums were down for maitenance or something.

Whoever has been complaining to Chet about the most hands-off, anything goes forum on the planet is an unredeemable asshole. Hope ya die. Just thought I’d spray that out there.

The one thing that bothers me the most is the lost data. Stuff posted by me and other folks that I occasionally reference or look back on for a laugh. Ah well.