Omm

So all joking aside, is Old Man Murray going to be re-launched?

hope not.

it’s like a less tasteful version what drips out of the ass after prison rape

We’ve got technical problems, ego problems, laziness problems, and - to paraphrase Charles Lindbergh when he accurately described their “large ownership and influence in our motion pictures, our press, our radio, and our government.” - big money Jew problems. The plan is to make a triumphant return, though. That’s the plan.

I’m still curious if GamingGroove is ever going to relaunch. The stuff about server issues stopped being believable months ago.

I’m still curious if GamingGroove is ever going to relaunch. The stuff about server issues stopped being believable months ago.[/quote]

I just want the coffee pot to come back.

Sinner, can you ever post about something other than what you eat?

Chet

I was at a games conference at MIT in 2000 when one game developer on a panel said they design games by writing a lengthy design doc and then asking what Old Man Murray would think of it. Then they fix it.

I hope it eats you guys up at night knowing that 80,000 people bought Bruce Lee for the Xbox and you stood by and let it happen. To paraphrase Treat Williams from “The Deep End of the Ocean”: bad games don’t just happen, people let them happen. Good job doing a whole lot of nothing, guys.

(I don’t really need the smiley here do I?)

That’s the kicker. OMM was completly offensive, but also one of the funniest sites ever to exist. Even my wife, who isn’t a much of a gamer, thought you guys were hilarious.

Without OMM, the world is a…less funny place, dammit!

In other words, get off your asses and fix things already!

I hope it eats you guys up at night knowing that 80,000 people bought Bruce Lee for the Xbox and you stood by and let it happen.

I have to agree there, and wonder who bought that game? Are there 80,000 Bruce Lee fans watching Enter the Dragon on a weekly basis? I don’t get it? The reviews were so bad. The game looked horrible even in the commercials. What possess people to pay for drek like that?

–Dave

All I can assume is that they were all Lee fans and did not plan on taking the wrapper off. There are 80,000 copies in glass cases somewhere next to vials of sweat which were certified to be from Lee’s body.

Consoles are skewed towards kids and lots of kids don’t read reviews. They just see “Bruce Lee” and think it’s badass instead lf bad.

My two youngest had $50 and were intent on buying it. I told them it sucked and argued with them about it and finally they relented and got something else. I felt bad, but I knew the game was terrible. I knew after 60 minutes of play they wouldn’t ever touch it again.

It’s easy for me to see how lame console titles can sell 80,000 copies. Kids are impulse buyers.

Well, considering that there aren’t that many XBox titles to choose from, it being a fighting game (one of two?) on that platform might explain it. I didn’t buy it. I know better. :D

What’s with some of these old properties coming back? Dukes of Hazzard? Is that godawful show popular in reruns? Knight Rider?

I’m still waiting for a Love Boat interactive adventure game. I’m jonesin’ to play Gopher as he fumbles his way through a match-making misadventure!

Erik said:

We’ve got technical problems, ego problems, laziness problems, and… big money Jew problems.

It was my understanding that Jews didn’t have money problems.

According to this PC Gamer article, both Chet and Erik have now left Valve (along with what’s-his-name, Marc Laidlaw). Anyone know what they are doing now?