One Finger Death Punch to the FACE

I will certainly say this is a much harder game than 1, which is perfectly fine by me!

I’m having great trouble with the brawls. Not sure if I’m just out of practice, but even in the tutorial I was frequently getting overwhelmed - if I did it slow and steady it would hit the ground, if I sped up I’d keep misclicking, seems much faster than the first one. Anyway I’m just whinging, practice will ensure victory!

Ooh, now that I’m Steam friends with @rhamorim I can check out his scooooooooorrrr… oh no.

I have three skill stars invested in brawler kill. Brawlers suck. I always struggled with them in the first game as well.

Yes, I have also done that recently. :)

Alas I can’t play for another 10 hours so NO BEATING MY SCORE @lordkosc . I’m serious.

Anno 1800 is out in a few hours , you are safe for now.

Well, sometimes brawlers can be a big help, if there are too many enemies in the screen. Fighting them gives you the opportunity to better prepare (in terms of awareness), and when the fight ends, you’ll have some much needed space from other enemies, and a bit more time to react. Sometimes it’s worth going for the brawler for that very reason.

I don’t think that will last. Also, I’m not used to being first in anything game-wise, so it’s a first for me. ;)

I remember that being the case too, but I don’t think I’ve reawakened my OFDPTTF skills enough as yet.

Friend me on Steam, OFDPunchers!

the-nightgaunt

Now that you mention it yes, I do remember that being great from the first game. Obviously I haven’t yet regained that level of skill to be able to look forward them. Steam says I put 7 hours into the original, but I mostly played it offline during a project in a remote community so it was probably double or triple that.

Just played Survival for the first time and sort of kept going until somewhere in Tier 5 my wrist basically gave out.

5 stars

Damn, I need to practice more.

Just realized I can double the length of my run potentially if I could switch from one hand to the other when the first gives out. Hmmmmm

Time to learn to be semi-ambidextrous, but for this one thing.

Therein lies the path of true wisdom.

I have redeemed myself.

That is a nice score, about double what I just got. Two other scores are above me too, but much closer.

Question to you and anyone else: How much does getting gems help in survival? I have the 5 I got from playing through the tutorial levels, but then I started doing survival. Should I be doing more of the campaign to help my survival scores?

Most definitely. Skills are crucial.

OK, thanks. I’ll mix in some campaign with my playing. Probably a good warmup before jumping into the tower too!

As arrendek pointed out earlier, each tier increases your multiplier, so while it gets harder your score also goes up faster. The 66k was 998 kills at tier 4, then I did a poor tier 5 round due to my hand starting to seize up, 250 kills roughly gave me 44k, so it seems to go up exponentially. I reckon we’ll all get a lot higher than that before this is over!

Survival is really where the game is at its most pure. Once you’re in the zone, usually triggered by a particularly bangin’ music track starting, the game just flows, it’s beautiful. But yes, you need those gems to increase the chances of abilities triggering. I got saved quite a few times by the brawler and boss kill abilities!