One Finger Death Punch to the FACE

Just got in a super-relaxed flow state for the evening, fought through an entire map in the campaign to get 7 or 8 skill points (they get real stingy for a couple maps and then real generous for the next!), and then played an epic run in survival that got me into the top tier.

What gets me is that your global rank is now lower than it was when I first checked your previous high score a few days ago, which was just over half what you have now. For some reason the pace of people getting ridiculously high scores is accelerating. I guess more people are getting further through the campaign and reaching tier 10.

The other day I felt that tier 7 was my skill ceiling. I no longer feel that way, but you’re right - it’s all about getting into that super relaxed state where everything just flows easily.

[edit] Ok, tier 8 is my skill ceiling! Maybe. I even had a coffee, but it got way too fast for me by 900 kills, and I wasn’t in the chill zone. Also, new nemesis! Target kill stages. The 4 skull door on the desert map requires 25 target kills (ie. kill targeted enemies with a thrown weapon or gun). I find that hard enough when the limit is 5, but I don’t seem to be very good at actually recognising when I’m holding a weapon. At least not in the midst of a massive furball.

I plan to take the advice of the game and play this in short bursts. Maybe 20 minutes per night. I’ll focus on grinding for skill gems before I dive into survival.

So I’ll destroy all your high scores in about 2 months.

Well, I had a pretty lousy run at Tier 10 and still beat my last high score by a little bit, so that multiplier really makes a big difference. There are also a few surprises at Tier 10…

So what is the tier 10 multiplier? x150… x200… :o

x200!

I am no longer in last place!

@BrianRubin the shame is yours.

Sorry, too busy playing Rebel Galaxy Outlaw.

By the time it releases you will have 700 hours played and be bored with it! :P

Doubtful.

Wow, there’s been some serious work put in since I last checked a few hours ago! What the hell is going on @nightgaunt?

Yes, but now your honor is on the line!
Plus you can crank out a couple missions on the map to get another gem and play a round of survival in 30 minutes or so.

I think the scores at Tier 10 indicate a lot of playtime or a spectacular run or something, but it’s not really the case. I played three or four survival attempts yesterday, got a little bit further than I had a couple of times, and inched up the leaderboards a bit. But points-wise, I think it looks like a lot.

I got the demo and was thinking it was insanely fast. I had gotten through the first difficulty of the first one, and this seemed to be insane. Then I noticed that there is a manual speed option and mine was set at 2.5. Moving that back down to default made such a difference that I kept striking too early…

I’m in. I’ll try to add some of you as friends. I’m “effidian” on steam.

The challenge is getting to tier 10. Yesterday was a disaster, but I was tired. You can’t be tired playing this game, but late night is the only chance I get to play it at the moment. Caffeine helps sometimes, but last night I was sound asleep 30 minutes after a cup of coffee - that stuff just doesn’t work on me sometimes.

I’m heading off on Sunday for a break, so that’ll be my lot until I get back. I expect I’ll have a bit of work to do catching up, but I also expect it’ll be a bit easier.

Well, then I don’t think I’ll be able to improve my score any further, because I don’t even know what it is to not be tired anymore. ;)

I’ve been stuck on level 8 for a while. My skills are at 24%. How complete are others’ skills here?

I’m 48% complete.

32% for me.

@Nightgaunt - where is Survival Blind? Maybe I’m just not good enough to gain admittance yet?

I’m at 30%.

Nemesis are appropriately named.