One Finger Death Punch to the FACE

GIMME GIMME!

I love OFDB on above 360 Indie games. Hope this comes to the Xbone as well.

How was this not updated?

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I got to play a bit of this in the IGF competition and it’s definitely OFDP! I was a little disappointed that some of the UI stuff seemed to have taken a slight step back, but there’s plenty of time to fix that, and I’d probably get used to it anyway. What I was really curious about was the campaign/advancement approach in the new one, but that wasn’t evident from the demo I got to play, so… still a mystery (to me)!

I’m not sure that I can play this game anymore. The tendons in my fingers get sore very easily these days, and trying to complete the last game was probably partly responsible for that! (probably not, but damn it hurt for a couple of days afterwards).

The first promo video makes it look great, the second “full stage” video makes it look too busy (although obviously that’s from one of the later stages).

I HIGHLY suggest trying with a controller rather than a mouse. While the controller is a bit slower, I found it caused much less strain for me.

There’s a demo on Steam.

It’s pretty much everything you could ask for out of a sequel. It looks better and the new additions seem well balanced. I did just notice a mash QTE at the end of level 2 so let’s hope those aren’t too hard.

Even a controller is a bit hard on my elbow so I don’t know if I’ll really play this. The gamepad control scheme is still X and B (across the buttons). I remember in the first game I had to remap this to X and Y (next to each other) to make it more comfortable. It’s also easier but that’s okay.

Other than the button mash, everything else looked awesome. I like the American Tax Day release to provide psychic release via digital mayhem.

Motherfucknig HORSE LEVEL!

There’s a lot more here than was in the IGF demo, which is awesome to see. I think a few of the UI issues that bugged me are mostly fixed. I’m not a huge fan of the giant hero/god characters that show up in the background on some hits, but I’m getting used to them.

This is going to be amazing.

A few quick notes:

You can’t save in the demo, so be sure to play through the tutorial and a few missions.

Price will be $8.

So I just played maybe 40 minutes of this (I was sent a key, don’t know why), but holy crap, I wasn’t sure they could improve on the original, but they DID. It feels so fluid and violent and hilarious and wonderful in all the right ways. You guys are gonna love it.

So freaking jealous, lol

Oh you’ll be able to buy it in like 3 days.

Hahaha omg. Omg. There’s a mode called “No Luca No” in which the image of a big black cat blocks a large portion of the screen, and you have to fight behind the image of the cat.

Fucking hilarious.

There is a demo on Steam if you just can’t wait!

Having it debut on tax day is also rather funny to me.

Oh my god, I had almost convinced myself that my fingers couldn’t take a sequel. And then I downloaded the demo. Dayum, it’s so addictive. MY POOR MOUSE. And my fingers too. 15 minute gameplay sessions then! Even now I can feel my hand seizing up! But it was worth it.

I may have to try the controller with this, or even (whispers) the keyboard.

Apparently there’s going to be a Switch version, but I think I’ll get the PC version because buying a new mouse is cheaper than a new Switch. :)

Using a controller is the only thing which saved me from RSI when playing the first game

It feels super fluid with a controller. You should try it.