Ongoing technical problems with the forum (August 2021)

Well now I feel stupid for making this post back in March…

Did you try a VACUUM FULL?

No, because that locks the table for the duration and would take the site down completely.

There are form history plugins for most browsers that can help with that when it does happen. Of course that means they’re just transmitting your forum posts to the terrorists in real time, but the convenience factor is great!

Edit: they won’t retrieve what you already lost, to be clear. But they auto back up form contents on most websites once installed. Great for shitty hr systems that make you type in your whole resume or whatever, hah

Yeah, I’ve lost a few posts to that one too.

Just know we all appreciate your efforts. If my technical expertise level of “Did you check to see if it’s plugged in?” is of any help, you have my axe.

You know Dan, it would have been. After several days of painstaking frustrating work and basically having to learn a new database to diagnose issues, I believe the problem has been solved through the precise application of

ITCrow

Thanks to @stusser and @Clay and whoever else (?) does the hard work of keeping all this afloat.

This was a triumph!
I’m making a note here: “Huge success”

600px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue

Hey man, a solve is a solve!

Thanks on all our behalfs. Behalves? Gah.

Yeah, whatever was done fixed it. Great job y’all!

Working great. Many thanks.

Maybe this can be a Patreon reward? Every month there is a random drawing, and the winner gets to choose a thread to permanently delete?

This is a great idea, now the deletion of the un-gif thread is inevitable.