Online Hardware Vendor in the UK?

I am looking to buy some computer hardware (specifically, a video card) for a family member who lives in the UK and would appreciate recommendations for reliable/affordable online vendors in the UK. The last time I bought hardware from a vendor in the UK was about 4 years ago and I used dabs.co.uk. Are they still the vendor of choice generally or are there now better alternatives?

Buy it here and mail it to them. You’ll save a small fortune.

Last time I tried that the package was shuffled around in customs for two weeks and the person I sent it too got stuck with a hefty duty fee. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Last time I tried that the package was shuffled around in customs for two weeks and the person I sent it too got stuck with a hefty duty fee. Thanks for the suggestion though.[/quote]

Interesting fact for the day. Computer equipment often has some hefty duties when imported. Computer equipment rarely has any duties when shipped as a defective product return. It’s easy to whip up a good looking RMA form . . .

Dabs is pretty good, and I’ve had decent experiences with Expansys. Avoid Scan like the plague though.

Scan are OK as long as whatever you buy from them works, if you have to return it you’ve had it, they still owe me £100 from 3 years ago.

Dabs is pretty good, www.ebuyer.co.uk is also worth a look.