Online Liquor Store Recommendations

Over the last three or four months I’ve been expanding my collection of spirits and liquors, mainly so I can simultaneously explore my interests in chemistry and drinking. I want to order a few liquors online that don’t seem to be readily available in my area.

I found a place late last week by simply Googling the main liquor I’m after, but they just canceled my entire order today as they will no longer be stocking two of my three items. Before I blindly search again, I wondered if anyone here has had good experiences, or heard good things, regarding any specific online liquor stores? Having a wide selection is my most important criteria; I’m willing to pay a bit more for these hard to find items. Bonus kudos to anyone who can recommend a place that ships to Michigan (seems like about 35% of places do not; I think shipping restrictions were eased in '05 and smaller places haven’t recently checked laws).

Thanks in advance!

Are you in a really rural area or something? I can think of a dozen liquor stores within 10 miles of me that have damn near every liquor known to man.

Can you get hard liquor shipped anywhere? I didnt know that. That site has some good prices.

No - some states (like Pennsylvannia, unfortunately for me) do not allow it. It may have something to do with the fact that the state owns all the Liqour stores and doesn’t want competition. Isn’t it great to live a Capitalist country?

Not everywhere, many states still have laws against it, holdovers from Prohibition, actually. You’d have to check with your specific state to see what the laws are.

A lot of the holdovers are strictly protectionary in the guise of ‘kids can get the booze without id!!!’. But if you look at the bill sponsors and the politicians who oppose allowing booze across state lines, they are typically heavily funded by distributors that like to close off their own little territories.

The collusion in the liquor distribution business is maddening.

Yeah. For a good time, take a look at the byzantine laws regarding who can be a liquor distributor, wholesaler, retailer, etc. It is a weird, protected, and strange world these guys operate in.

That does suck as my closest liquor store is just over the MD border.

so it wasn’t déjà vu after all.

I think there could be another one lurking somewhere…

US liquor laws have changed quite a bit since that thread, it’s possible for a lot more places to ship to other states now.

I know people who’ve had liquor shipped to PA… not sure what site though.

I had some absynthe shipped from NY to IN for my bday last year.

How was it?

And…it wasn’t the real, wormwood stuff that’s been outlawed, right? Or did NY find some way around that?

This thread is a godsend.

Oh, why so?

I think theKevin is planning to illegally purchase alcohol on the internet.

Aside from the small print (which requests people under 21 say away from them), is there anything stopping me from buying alcohol from this “BevMo!”?

They’ll ship it UPS 21, which will check your id upon delivery.

But not Utah still! Go me! :(