Only Murders in the Building -- Steve Martin is back, on Hulu!

If you haven’t seen The Great yet, watch that one too. It’s my favorite show of the last few years.

I did watch the Great, yeah, that was excellent. And I almost forgot Archer! Season 12 is happening right now! And I hear there’s a 3rd season of What we do in the Shadows coming??

I haven’t checked out Y yet. I think someone recommended me to read the comics in, like, the '90s? But I don’t think I ever did.

What We Do in the Shadows Season 3 has started!

And Y just dropped the first three episodes. I watched the first and am definitely in to keep going. I didn’t read or even know about the comic so it’s all fresh to me. I like the premise.

This is great.

Agree, really enjoying the show. I think it would be getting a lot more buzz if it had been released on Netflix.

Well, for one thing, if it were a Netflix / Prime release the international crowd would be talking along via all the social media / media websites. As it stands Hulu is locked down in the US, not sure when and where its content will arrive on other shores.

Heh. It reminds me of people recently complaining about Seinfeld having the widescreen aspect ratio by cutting off part of the original show. This was an issue for years on Hulu, but it’s suddenly a big deal now because it’s on Netflix.

Good lord, I wonder who was arguing the opposite. That would have been a terrible decision!

Hard disagree. I like the weekly format where the conversation is about the show, instead of having to avoid social media when the ending is spoiled on day 2.

That said: They stuck the landing on this one. Well done!

I more meant a wider audience than the release format. It seems on Hulu it isn’t being as noticed as it should be.

And I agree, the season and the finale were great. Looking forward to season 2.

I can’t believe Chevy Chase was the murderer all along! The third Amigo!!!

j/k that’s not actually how it ends, sadly.

yessss

Typically I start watching a show because of a constellation of reviewers I trust will give it a good review, but I tried this after my mom recommended it, and it wound up being one of the better shows I’ve seen this year. Steve Martin and Martin Short were lots of fun to watch, and the show really stuck the landing as well. Looking forward to a 2nd season.

Enjoyed this one immensely. Steve Martin Short is a great team, and I will shamefully admit to inappropriate thoughts about Ms. Gomez over the years. I also really liked the theme music! Great bit of composing, that.

Just a couple things bugged me, though. #1, the weekly release schedule. As the series went on, I really wanted to have access to the next episode. This is a testament to the writing and production, and I get the whole idea behind the “build up” but I WANT IMMEDIATE GRATIFICATION KTHX.

#2, am I mistaken, or did Marty really dial back Oliver’s flamboyancy after the first or second episode? It’s like he went into it thinking he’s play it “stereotypical theatre gay” and then once the son was introduced someone said “that’ll confuse middle America. Better play it straight.”

I’m hoping they continue the quality and we get a few more seasons of this one.

I’m not even sure how gay he was supposed to be (if at all). He seemed to dial back the Martin Short-ness, but that may have been a character choice as he became more comfortable with his new friends. Or maybe the directors just told him to dial it back.

Was Oliver coded as gay, like, at all? He had a son and was shown (in flashback) to have had a female partner (wife?..can’t remember) at some point in the past. He’s a theater guy and thinks quite a lot of himself and his talents, so his natural flamboyance may come off as a little camp. I never got “gay” from it, though.

This was delightful as heck.

I loved the bit with Martin Short first meeting Jane Lynch last week (“is that filler?”), and Steve Martin was able to unleash some great physical comedy in the finale.

Fantastic show with excellent acting and writing all around. Steve Martin Martin Short are such a great pairing for anything, they could read the phone book and riff off of the names and it would be hysterical. They were the names that brought my wife and I into the show…

…but then Selena Gomez absolutely nailed it. I assumed she would be overshadowed by Martin & Short, but between the excellent scripting and the way she played the character (great facial expressions, body language and just the right amount of millennial apathy/disdain) she actually held her own as the third Amigo (to borrow from the above posts). She has very good comedic timing, I was impressed. Of course the revolving door of recognizable supporting cast was awesome as well.

Will absolutely be returning for another season of this!

Yea can’t wait!