Openly declared gay at 12-13 years old?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/04/AR2010020401882.html

That was about the time it became clearer that Jacob was different. By eighth grade, he wore eyeliner to school sometimes and would dye his hair bright blue or pink. He was out of the closet that school year.

In my day, at 12 years old kids called each other homo or fag without really knowing the meaning. It was just an insult. Now we’ve got kids declaring themselves gay and pre-teens have to deal with another level of political correctness. Saying he’s out of the closet is pretty much saying that he has been involved some sort of gay sexual activity. I don’t think this kid deserves to be bullied for what he is; but the acknowledgement by society that this kid is gay, it is acceptable at 13, and he has defensible rights to be openly gay in school is a sad, sick statement on where we are heading.

Go back wherever you came from.

the acknowledgement by society that this kid is gay, it is acceptable at 13, and he has defensible rights to be openly gay in school is a sad, sick statement on where we are heading.

Get the fuck out.

Die in a fire.

Wow, that’s a hell of a third post. Rock on, homophobic lurker!

First two posts, perfectly normal. 3rd post, off to crazy land.

“Saying he’s out of the closet is pretty much saying that he has been involved some sort of gay sexual activity.”

Oh obviously.

What? I knew I liked girls when I was 12, and the only sexual activity I had at that point was a deeply meaningful relationship with Bailey Quarters on WKRP.

Also: die in a fire.

It’s a sad, sick statement on where he’s heading.

How does this even make any sense?

If he shouldn’t be harassed for what he is, why would you think he should not be accepted?

What is the preferable alternative? We pretend he’s something else?

The answer is obvious: we need to extend the highly successful policy of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, to our middle schools.

No one else in this thread seems to be willing to stick up for you, Jacmac, but I want to say that I fully agree with you that you are a stupid piece of shit.

That’s how I read the above statement, at any rate. ‘I am a stupid piece of shit.’ That’s how you meant it, right? That’s how it reads.

(You suck.)

I guess we have a little farther to go …

Shit yeah man

In second grade (1977-78) I moved to a new town and so transferred from a Catholic school to an experimental public school. During the first week, a big black girl stepped up and called me a faggot. I said, “What’s a faggot?” And this guy David Fox explained that it was someone who was greasy and had green freckles.

Also, new poster: it’s now going to be open season on you here, permanently. No way back.

You say that like it isn’t already policy to ‘denounce anything which undermines such family structure’ such as ‘drug use, premarital sex, violence or gay and lesbian behavior or the support of such activities’ in some public schools.

Guess we just need to make sure it’s in the statutes, so activist principals can’t take advantage of evolving social norms to encourage tolerance.

Lurk bird is awesome!

Lesbians don’t like gay 12-13 year-old boys.

Think of the faghags. Who will hang out at the mall with the chubby girls, if it’s ok to be a gay teen?

Well that’s really it isn’t it. Evolving social norms. Maybe devolving is a better word?