Operencia: Zen's Turn-based Hungarian-Folklore-Inspired Blobber

The thief sucks anyway, you should dump him as soon as you get a chance, which won’t be too long.

You can return to every location in the game with quick travel later on. You will not be able to get every secret your first visit to many zones as typically they require “artifacts”, like the shovel. There are a bunch of those.

Does he? The fire/poison spells seems to work out pretty well.

Nearly everything is immune to poison, and quite a lot are immune to fire also. What you want is lightning and frost.

In my experience, many bosses are not immune to poison, and this is an effective tactic against many of them.

I have to save his energy for healing mostly anyway. Probably should have listened to stusser and went with a mage over a fighter.

You’ll find two much better healers later on too.

I like my hunter so far. The ability to give everyone double attacks should be fun when I have more characters in my party.

Just started playing this a bit. Made it to where the difficulties are selected.

I think I want the map for sure. How hard is the combat. Is normal a decent place to start or too easy? Edit: I guess it just controls autosaves and resting, not combat difficulty. Recommendation for a good choice?

Like others mentioned, combat does move at a good clip. Am I missing something or is there no indication whether an enemy can retaliate or other stuff like that. I did see where it says stuff like immune to fire. Is it just lean by observation?

Made it to the Great Forest. So far feels like a sibling of Bard’s Tale IV, but with less filler and wandering, better voice acting and more interesting characters. I’m not going to get any of them confused with those in The Witcher 3 or anything, but they are good enough.

So far it’s been pretty easy.

I can say having beaten the game that it never really gets all that difficult, at least at the default level. There are a few challenging boss fights and getting to new levels will probably force you to up your game a bit, with more efficient use of attacks and magic and such. I’d say some of the puzzles are tougher than the fights but I enjoyed that.

Is there a way to reset skill selection? I’ve made one or two mistakes with the skills I’ve taken.

Valuables are ok to sell I assume? (I.e. gems, leather pouches, etc.)

I haven’t played this for more than an hour or so, but thus far Operencia has surpassed my expectations by a fair amount. I’ve especially enjoyed the graphics/art and the return to a Wizardy-esque fantasy RPG has been very enjoyable.

The Anna fight is proving to be quite the pain in the butt. Need more AOEs capable characters in my party. I haven’t leveled my skills with AOEs in my mind, and my main character is a fighter. I don’t think I am stuck, but I sit down and figure out the best combo to use.

Should have listened to @stusser

I played through the prologue last night on Xbox.

It’s funny that they make you fight an actual dragon in the prologue. I thought that would be reserved for a final boss or something.

Anyway, a nice presentation, seems like a good game I might stick with. This one is staying installed.

For the actual game, I started a warrior guy, hopefully that’s a good choice.

It’s not, if you just started it’s worthwhile starting over with a mage. If you’re an hour or more in it isn’t a big deal though.

I played through the game with a warrior, it’s a perfectly valid choice.

The reason I picked the warrior is that in the prologue, the King had the best damage moves. He got three skills that did damage to the whole line in front of you, and did other effects on them as well. Meanwhile the ranged character was good for utility stuff (healing, picking off enemies with low hit points), and the mage was good doing damage to everyone, but not as good as the King.

Anyway, I just barely started, the guy in the dungeon just joined me and I quit out. So if I can restart tonight without having to play through the prologue again, I might do that.

The mage is a good choice because he gets powerful and cheap AE damage early. Warrior is perfectly viable but fights will take much longer. And there are a lot of fights in this game.

If you just got past the prologue I would recommend starting over with the mage.

I played with a warrior as well, it didn’t get too difficult for me until I got to the sideways tree area, and you have a mage by then anyway.

I quit playing because the fights were getting difficult so figured now that I had most of the special tools it was a good time to go back to the earlier levels and find the secrets. Maybe that would give me an equipment boost? Except, going around the old maps looking for secrets was a slog, so I got bored and never played it again.