Oprah 2020?

Well yeah, it should go without saying that using these things and selling hem as a replacement for traditional medical care is not ok.

It’s not selling essential oils that’s a problem, it’s selling them saying ‘rub this on instead of using antibiotics’ that is.

I really don’t have a problem with snake oil salesmen making gobs of money off the gullible treating their minor conditions and neuroses. Americans, in general, have too much money anyway. It’s gotta go somewhere.

I only really have a problem when they try to sell essential oils and chiropractic to people who have actual life-threatening diseases as a cure. Those people should be horsewhipped.

Or when they sell stuff that actually does harm to people. Which is sometimes the case, like the fucking nutjobs telling people to rub essential oils on their babies’ skin and such.

Yeah, aromatherapy for e.g. stress and topical application are the two things that’s it’s feasible that essential oils could reasonably be expected to have an effect with. When the claims start extending beyond that is when things start getting dicey.

Does this stuff work? I used to love it as a child.

https://vicks.com/en-us/shop-products/vaporub/vaporub-topical-ointment

[edit]

Just noticed this:

So what you guys are saying, is that Oprah would have a placebo effect?

You know what, I think she would. Or least a rebound effect.

I bet whoever is next in office is going to having one of the longest honeymoon phases that a president ever had.

Like Carter after Nixon/Ford.

The next President may also have to do an actual apology tour around the rest of the planet, just to start undoing the damage President Shithole is doing.

Of all the trump monikers, this is my new favorite.

Or when they don’t realize that no, not all essential oils are the same, and that applying some topically is actually harmful.

So shitgibbon is too foreign for you? Racist!

You know who else thought gibbons were foreign?