Orbital is back together?

not feeling blue album? That was my orbital introduction and I still love it. I mean Transient itself made me love Orbital. Although the first song I ever heard was in movie Hackers, the intro with Halcyon, amazing thing.

Yeah, all my favorite bands seem to be coming out with new albums at once.

Orbital just released theirs.
Hybrid just released their fifth album.
The Chemical Brothers released a new single from their new upcoming album.
The Prodigy is coming out with a new album in November.

When it rains, it pours. I’m in electronic heaven.

Oh hey, Orbital released another new album. Yay! The band that broke up keeps on giving.

I need to check these out. I always confuse Orbital with The Orb. I really liked one, only mildly liked the other.

Hah we may not always agree on videogames but damn if these aren’t four out of five of my favourite bands (the fifth one is NIN)

Right on. Always nice to see musical alignment with great music. I need to check out NIN I guess. I never really gave them a chance other than the big hits on the radio, and the Quake soundtrack recently. Now that all music can be had as part of a subscription (something I’m still not used to), I guess I probably have access to all their back catalogue, so I should start checking them out. Any recommendation on where to start with Nine Inch Nails albums?

Btw, don’t sleep on the Chemical Brother’s reissues of their classic albums recently. Apple Music has their 20th anniversary edition of Surrender, which was such a great album to start with, and this edition adds a lot of really solid remixes and is just a great way to re-experience the album. And now I’m recently finally sitting down with their 25th anniversary edition of Dig Your Own Hole, where they did the same treatment to that album. They have 3 discs worth of material here, including a lot of remixes I haven’t heard before, arranged in a beautiful way to really make this album shine. I’m just really loving it. I wish all re-issues of classic albums were done this much love and care.

I got my start with NIN back in 2003 when I randomly downloaded

via DC++ (ah the good old days) from someone. It is a live album but overall good selection, I liked most of it immediately. And the second disc, Still, is, ehm, still, one of my favourite albums ever. The last three songs on that album…

But apart from Still, my overall favourite album is Fragile for sure.

Thanks for the tip, I will seek those out.