Order of the Stick

I think we know where strip 1000 will take place now.

Moots and Ladders

I’m not sure what I enjoyed more - the title or the final panel. Genius.

Rich’s titles are usually good and sometimes amazing. I’ve read comments from plenty of people on the official forums saying that they never noticed them until they bought the books. Hard to believe, but it’s apparently common.

I read like the first 600 (binging through them when I learned about it) before I realized there were titles.

I have no idea where to find the title of the comic on the site. I can see the title of the latest, on the left (Moots and Ladders), but #992… no idea.

edit: ah they’re on the achieves, but who uses that?!

Welcome, honored pilgrims, to the Godsmoot.

Sacred Knight of the Expository Aside, indeed.

“Off to make a butt-load of skill checks, is my guess” LOL

It’s been a while. New one, finally.

Uh oh.

Durkula’s on a roll, but how long can it last? He seems dangerously overconfident to me.

Is there a cap on falling damage in the rules somewhere?

There is in the ultimate rules, the laws of physics. It’s called terminal (heh) velocity. As for D&D, there was way back when. The last edition I knew well was AD&D, and it had a cap.

Pathfinder maxes out at 20d6 (~70 damage, or enough to kill most low level characters and seriously wound even high level wizards/clerics), which would occur after a 200ft drop.

OK, I get why Belkar couldn’t cry out, but why was he glowing (or burning, or smoking)? The second row, first panel implies that it’s an effect from his daggers, but I don’t recall his weapons having any specific effects in the past.

It also seems that he wounds wolf-form Durkula, but the gashes are portrayed as purple… poison? I feel like I’m missing something.

I believe the aura around Belkar was the silence spell taking hold, not that I know of any precedence for a visual representation of that spell.

That’s Belkar rubbing his cloak clasp.

That’s probably just the colour that vampires bleed.

Most excellent, that’s exactly what I was forgetting. That also explains his excellent facial expression in the next frame.

But of course, it still leaves us with another burning (snicker) question: has the fulfillment of Belkar’s oracle prophecy arrived? The fall + damage from the clasp + the shape-shifted wolf bites might be enough to do him in.