Order of the Stick

I wish he’d said it that way in the strip! But I still hope Banjo shows up as a demi-god. Roy may lose this encounter.

My prediction is that Roy loses the fight, Belkar gets rescued by Elan and Haley and healed up and put back in the fight, Banjo breaks the tie, and Belkar gets to kill Durkon.

I should add for the record that I’m basically 0% successful in predicting OOTS, so take all my predictions with a grain of salt.

That just means you’re due!

At some point I suppose real-Durkon will have to sacrifice himself back in tied-up-behind-the-eyeball room in order to get vamp-Durkon to lose. Possibly he will also get a few last words before going off to Valhalla. Belkar may shed a tear. Well, no, he wouldn’t do that.

Maybe Roy will get to use his spell-caster interrupting trick in real life?

Rich seems to think so, too, judging by the latest update for the Kickstarter backers ;-)

Can you elaborate or is that not cool?

The final panel in wallpaper form is a backer reward.

It’s available for pretty much anyone, really. The wallpapers page isn’t protected in any way. Stick Trek and the giant killer version of Frosty are my favorites.

Frosty was my favorite for a long time, but after I put up “No Encounters Today” on my desktop it quickly took first place. So many times I sat down at the start of the day and found another monster sitting in the picture that I’d missed before.

It begins!

“Snapoutta!”

Dammit, knowing how Rich works, there is going to be heartbreak, potentially long spells of it, from this before it is over I am sure

Snapoutta is the best.

#1002 - Mutually Assured Observation

Very nice. I guess Roy has to win? Does anyone have any details on why Hel doesn’t have regular priests?

It probably has something to do with the “little scheme” that Loki and Thor used against Hel, the same scheme that kept her out of previous Godsmoots. The details of that scheme aren’t known yet.

I have some vague recollection of a statement that as she is the goddess of pestilence and death, none of her clerics would survive long enough to reach high levels. But I may be confusing that with another story somewhere.

An attack on two levels.

That is some “biting” action going on there.