Ori and the Blind Forest

Coming for Xbox One and Steam on March 11th. $19.99.

Gameplay from The Forlorn Ruins level: http://youtu.be/z3QIQseu_44

Looks cute. But what a godawful name.

-Tom

Reviews are looking quite good so far.

(Disclaimer: Some of the people behind the game are friends of mine.)

This looks utterly beautiful!

Yeah it does - wishlist’d.

No PS4 version. :(

The quickest way to kill a game is to stick these three words in front of it: Microsoft Game Studios.

-Tom

Oh, you mean like they did with Rise of Nations Extended Edition? :-p

I’m totally sold on this after seeing the Giant Bomb Quicklook (http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-ori-and-the-blind-forest/2300-10005/). So pretty and well animated, seemed to control really well, and the save system is a clever twist without crossing over into being a gimmick.

No, like they did with Age of Empires Online. :)

Anyway, my point is that releasing a game exclusively for the Xbox One makes about as much sense as releasing a game exclusively for Windows 8.

-Tom

luckily this one’s on steam, too

at least it’s not a total brand of death

Oh yeah, I forgot about Microsoft’s renewed commitment to PC gaming! For serious this time!

Still, I’m with merryprankster. As someone who’d rather play platformers on a console system, I’d be interested in this is it weren’t exclusive to the Xbox One. There’s nothing quite like the words Microsoft Games Studio to spell a game’s doom. How many of you guys are enjoying Halo: Spartan Assault, the matchmaking on the Master Chief Collection, or all that open-world gameplay in Sunset Overdrive?

-Tom

I’m with Tom on this. PS. GFW fucking sucks.

“Ori and the Blind Forest” tells the tale of a young orphan destined for heroics, through a visually stunning action-platformer crafted by Moon Studios for PC.

Dammit.

Hahahaha. The phrase that wouldn’t die!

Isn’t State of Decay MS Game Studios?

Unfortunately, yes. I think Undead Labs also has a deal with Microsoft for the zombie MMO they’re working on.

-Tom

Unfortunately, yes. I think Undead Labs also has a deal with Microsoft for the zombie MMO they’re working on.

-Tom

-Tom

I’m still bummed that the Tomb Raider sequel is Xbox only. :(