Orphan Black on BBC America

I really enjoyed the first episode of season 4. The writing in the show is much better for some reason. I do hope they try and wrap up the series soon though instead of dragging it out while ratings are still decent. They gotta stop creating new clone characters!

I finally watched the S4 finale earlier tonight. Wow, after mostly treading water in S3, they packed a lot into this season. I hope they can finish up just as strong in S5 next year.

Yep, Season 5 will be the last.

And they damn well should give Tatiana Maslany an Emmy after all this time. She’s absolutely amazing in this series.

Yeah, they’ve pretty much done all they can with the show, but I can watch Tatiana Maslany playing Tatiana Maslany pretending to be Tatiana Maslany badly pretending to be Tatiana Maslany well all day long.

Maslany and Bruun are back on Comedy Bang Bang! this week. Go listen if you missed the last one. Or if you didn’t.

Tatiana finally won a much-overdue emmy! Yay!

OMG, Krystal’s back playing spy again!

Or at least nut-kicker.

This season is a big improvement over the last couple of seasons IMO. More focused, better antagonists, just better overall.

I suspect that is because they know this is the end of it. They want to finish their story, so they have to be focused, no more sideplots and nonsense.

Well, there’s still a fair amount of nonsense.

For me, the nonsense is why this season has been more enjoyable than recent ones.

I binge-watched seasons 1 - 4 over the past month or so on Amazon Prime (the best $100 I spend every year). It’s not quite The Wire, but OB is definitely in my all-time top-ten list. Great show.

As a reminder of that, the S2 dance finale (which is a huge spoiler if you have not seen the series):

The show did know how to do a good season finale.

Also, I just got to the part in Parks and Rec where Tatiana shows up. I had a proper squee moment.

I just finished up watching all five seasons streaming from Amazon Prime video, and it was a great time. I thought all the evil mastermind stuff got kinda old after a while, because really, how long can the plucky little group of experimental subjects expect to keep going against these shadowy cabals? But Tatiana Maslany was so amazing, and most of the characters so well done, that I still enjoyed watching even when the suspense part kinda fell down. Anyone who likes sci-fi thrillers, Orphan Black is worth binging.

Just finished this one too. Overall an excellent series. Agree the back and forth secrecy of one group leading to another got a bit too much. Another series that could have gone a season shorter easily. Still well worth it, highlighted by Maslany’s amazing set of performances. The show doesn’t work if you don’t believe her being these different characters and she nails all of them.

Maslany and Bruun were on CBB again. A) it’s hilarious, and b) apparently they’re doing an Orphan Black sequel podcast.

Ah, crap, turns out this is some kind of PPV exclusive. I’m not sure I need a sequel enough to buy it on spec, so hopefully it gets reviewed.