OS X Question: Joining multi-DVD rips?

I’m using Handbrake and whatever he default QT is on Lion.

I want to rip the multi-disk editions of Lord of the Rings into one file. What’s the best way to do this?

I don’t have Lion myself yet, but supposedly they’ve added basic editing functions back into QT Player X with Lion (a bunch of stuff went missing when they moved from QT Player 7 to QT Player X). Once you’ve ripped the discs into separate MP4 files, you should then be able to copy and paste them into a single file in QT Player.

Ok, thanks. Dumb flipping question. I select copy on the second file, and go to the end of the first one and hit “paste?”

Looks like there are better ways to go about it, perhaps. Take a look here:

Not the most recent discussion, but worth a look. More info here: https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2937

Thanks. I’m dirt poor right now, so I can’t throw any money at the problem. Apparently in Lion Quicktime, I can’t select all and then copy.

MetaX looks like a good middle of the road solution. Any idea if its sends the two files down as one to an iPad?

Would iMovie do what you want? Not free, but relatively cheap ($15).

i have iMovie, but I can’t seem to get it to import the m4v files. Right now, I’m ok with having the separate rips until I sort this out.