Ossu! Tatakae! Ouendan is Big F-ing Mouse

From what I could tell, and I could be completely off base, there are two sort of teams that are doing a race - Red and Blue. These might be different families too, or something. Anyway, a guy from the blue team falls in love with a girl from the red team, and someone else from the red team (her father?) tells the blue guy that he can have the red girl if he beats him in a race.[/quote]

I gathered that much. I really just want to know why they’re racing Arks of the Covenant.

From what I could tell, and I could be completely off base, there are two sort of teams that are doing a race - Red and Blue. These might be different families too, or something. Anyway, a guy from the blue team falls in love with a girl from the red team, and someone else from the red team (her father?) tells the blue guy that he can have the red girl if he beats him in a race.[/quote]

I gathered that much. I really just want to know why they’re racing Arks of the Covenant.[/quote]

Oh. Japanese tradition? :D

I gathered that much. I really just want to know why they’re racing Arks of the Covenant.[/quote]

Oh. Japanese tradition? :D[/quote]

Without looking at a screenshot, you’re probably right. The chances are they’re Mikoshi, carried at festivals. Of course, this is just going off extar’s description. All sorts of things happen with them, including races and even standing on top and having mock battles to push each other off (mainly Osaka). I’m sure our foxy little mate will probably weigh in with a better answer but that’s my guess.

Is the multiplayer single-cart? I didn’t see anything that looked like a download option while browing through the menu

Also, the pottery level is GOD.

There is no single-cart multiplayer option. However, it is possible to send a single-player demo to another DS via wireless.

Has anybody had any luck finding this game at Fry’s? They had imported mah-jonng and billiards and that Space Invaders game, but no Ouendan.

1. This game is awesome. Sometimes I just sit and stare at the menu screen for minutes on end.

2. If you can’t find the game at a local retailer, I highly recommend NCSX.

My god, this game is even more addictive than I thought! My copy finally arrived today and I’ve been playing non-stop.

Have to get up early tomorrow… Must… go… to… bed…

Ouendan!!!

The difficulty selection screen is one of the best games of the year. And the more you play the more modes you unlock and the more better it gets.

The difficulty selection screen is one of the best games of the year. And the more you play the more modes you unlock and the more better it gets.[/quote]

O rly? I thought there was just the one, super hard mode to unlock. I’ve finished the game on the easiest mode and didn’t unlock anything. Is there something on that screen itself that I should be doing?

Is there anyway to get some of the music from this game online legitimately? Do any of thes4e groups use MP3.com or some such? Cause I like what I hear so far but I don’t want to burn much money on imported CDs and etc.

Unfortunately, it can be difficult to buy Japanese music online. Apparently the Japanese record labels are even more oppressive that the ones in the US. iTunes has a Japanese store that carries music from anime and games, but you actually need a Japanese credit card to use it. Overseas customers need not apply (the songs are also more expensive, due to higher licensing fees from the labels over there… around $1.35 US or so, I believe).

Nuh-uh.

http://www.jlist.com/SEARCH/iTunes/1/

Buying an import soundtrack CD to a game isn’t too terribly expensive. The highest you’ll pay is usually around $40. If you really dig a game’s music, it’s usually worth the outlay to get the soundtrack. They’re usually very well produced and worth the money.

–Dave

A further note on the soundtrack: as far as I can tell, most of the songs on Osu are covers of the original recording artist’s versions. It’s cheaper to do so, apparently. Sometimes the difference is barely distinguishable, except for the songs being full length-- and then there’s the song from Egypt’s stage, which is actually from the 70s, and from the sound of it, may be sung by a man trying to sound like a woman.

No doubt your financial situation is different from mine, but unless it’s a cd box you are buying I would say that 40$ goes way beyond what most people think is reasonable to pay for a music cd.

Yeah easy mode doesn’t unlock anything, but the others do. There are two difficulty levels that can be unlocked. I’ve now rewritten this post three times to avoid calling the cheer girl mode “extra hard”.

See, cause they’re cheerleaders.

Shut up.

$40 is unreasonable for a CD.

I get import British CD’s for $20, and import Turkish CD’s for $15.

You can import Japanese cd’s for $10, if they’re carried by someone who isn’t gouging people.

Then you are buying bootlegs, CD-singles, or maybe very obscure indie releases. “Standard” retail price for a Japanese CD is roughly Y3000. ($30 USD)