Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Akron should be in Diamond this year, though who knows for how long.

I don’t understand how they can do such an absolute trash job at dealing with super obvious roster things.

I switched my team to have a 3 pitcher rotation for the playoffs. After the playoffs it switched me to a 5 pitcher rotation but didn’t fill the 2 slots despite me 5 SP rostered.

So I didn’t get any points all day because the game turned my valid roster invalid. How is this the best that they handle this. If they invalidate my roster switching the rotation they can’t manage to automatically trigger the AI SP rotation?

I want to like the game but it feels like a product where no one at the company actually plays it like a normal user.

I’m sorry to hear that. You’re right, the game should automatically fill all five slots. I guess the workaround is to make sure to log in after the playoffs but before the new week?

I’m curious, though – why a 3-man rotation during the playoffs? My starters seem to need the 4 days’ rest during the playoffs.

Switched it for the last few games of the WS.

Sure that I could have set my rotation another way but it seemed like a quick way to do it.

Geezus. Diamond is going to be a one and done for me, but with 20 out and finally getting a WS win I was kind of done anyway. Currently 13-28 and 5GB from not-relegation.

e: Spent my last hurrah of points on 10 packs and pulled 2 Diamond players… but one of them (Jose Ramirez) was a duplicate. Impressive when I’ve only pulled 4 Diamond players total!

I did the same thing, spent 10K I had saved on points. I got 1 gold player, Adrian Beltre, that sells for around 1100, got nothing else of value really.

I’m spending most of my time in 20 right now, but in 19, my teams are kind of struggling in Perfect. One is holding its own, within shouting distance of .500.

The other is going to struggle to avoid relegation.

Not sure if this was ever answered, but I was browsing the thread and figured I’d respond anyway. Henderson took advantage of strikezone size rules. If you watch him at bat, you’ll notice he minimized the distance between the shoulders and knees to an almost comical degree. Doing so made it harder for pitchers to throw strikes and generated significant walks.

Finally pulled a perfect card. Wish it would have been the (top war or legend) Maddux card instead of a live Mookie Betts. Hmmm, I wonder if I need to sell it off now to get the points for it being perfect.

Texarkana are leading their division, and with the addition of Betts and Aron Nola they should hopefully close out the season well. Cedar Rapids are a couple games under .500 and way out of the chase in their division.

Seems like the AH is way down as far as the number of players available since 20 came out. Makes me wonder if buying packs is the way to spend points right now.

I wonder how the active manager numbers have changed since 20 came out.

Nice!

Betts is a great card. The Lagers have him and he’s been great for us. I’d say keep him.

It was probably the best set of packs I’ve had since beta. Betts, the diamond Nola, and I think 4 golds out of 5 packs.

I seriously hate you guys. :)

No need to hate, Betts is doing enough of that. A 75 contact perfect player hitting .103 after 14 games. So tempted to turn him into a bunch of other packs if he doesn’t pick it up by the end of the season.

Don’t do it. The odds of getting something better than Betts in the 25 packs or so you’d be able to get is probably pretty low. I’ve opened 40+ packs now and the best card I’ve gotten is still the Patrick Corbin gold.Everybody uses that Betts card for a reason, it will start producing.

I know :(. He is just pissing me off.

You could demote him to the minors for a month to show him you mean business!

If everyone is having this problem, then all Betts are off.

I’m here all week.

Looks like maybe auction house prices are going down now that people are leaving? I’m putting some cards up for auction and noticing almost all have a lower average winning bid for the past 5 auctions than there all time.