Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

No! In fact, they backslid and missed the Silver playoffs for the first time in ages. Time for an overhaul. I have about 60Kpp there sitting unused.

60k could buy some decent upgrades I imagine.

My Cedar Rapids team is currently split 1-1 in the sub-league gold series, and Texarkana has jumped to a 2-0 lead against @KWhit and now has a 3 game series at home. We get through that to the finals and we are off to perfect next season for a 162 games of pure torture.

Half of it is pp accumulated over many weeks of doing very little. The other 30K is from selling Noah Syndergaard, who I had pulled in a bronze pack. I played him for a while, and he strangely stunk up the joint, so I was able to sell him for nice BIN price.

The Reds swept my Rangers, but honestly I’m happy to just be in the playoffs.

@KWhit is has been quite a series. My money is on Smoltz to carry you to a game 7 win, and on to the finals and perfect.

Edit: Both Smoltz and Keefe didn’t have really good games. We pulled out the 5-4 win, and now head to the finals and perfect (yay :/) next season.

Edit 2: Up 3-1 right now in the finals, with 2 home games waiting if we lose this next game.

We luckily won the finals so we’ve added a Diamond League trophy to the collection. So that makes up a little for next season I guess as we get pounded in perfect. I can’t believe it scored the season lower than 3 of my gold/silver seasons though.

Congrats @vyshka!

Congrats. I was at work managing a go-live all day/night so just getting back and catching up. Good job. Sounds like it was quite the series.

I never found time to actually buy upgrades and do an overhaul, and now Levittown has started out in April with a 20-6 record. So I guess I’ll stand pat.

My previous “hold until you can afford a good upgrade” strategy wasn’t working out, because the prices were rising faster than I could generate points. I ended up blowing it all on packs when I hit 40k and pulled 3 golds, half a dozen silvers, and 3 Archie Bradley – oh, and my first perfect, some kid named Mike Trout. He’s been a massive upgrade over the Shawn Green experience in center.

Akron was hot out of the gate, playing nearly .700 ball yesterday. Which put them 1 game in back of the division leader that actually played .700 ball.

Hey @Spock we’re facing each other in the World Series of S381! Good luck!

Akron went down 2-0 in the Gold .351 World Series, then won the next three and dropped game 6. Game 7 is simming now. Regardless of the outcome, I’ll be moving to Diamond. Last visit there was for a whole one season, with Akron cellar-dwelling for the entire year. Hopefully this time is a little more forgiving!

e: Akron went up 3-0 after 3, but a Lindor error in the 7th led to 2 runs, while Kenley Jansen gave up the game winning home run in the 8th.

I’ve been relegated back to diamond after one season in perfect. My gold team had a mediocre season and missed the playoffs. My silver team in ootp20 won the world series, and achieved a 1280 season score which is the highest I’ve achieved in either game. I think I’ve had better seasons with my other teams, so I’m not sure why that one rated so high. It was worth 1000pp though, so I’ll take it.

Wow, good luck to you too, @tylertoo!

Wait, @tylertoo this means Levittown broke the curse and made it to gold, yes? Congrats!

Luck was not enough, as your Stockings bested the Librarians in the World Series last night. Congrats! I have no idea how many games it went, because I went to bed before it finished and you can’t access the games anymore.

Yes, finally!

Ah, bad luck, @tylertoo. I’m sure you’ll get a chance for revenge!

Not only did they finally make it to gold after years of futility, but in their first gold season in a dozen years, they snuck into a wildcard for the postseason and proceeded to run the table!

On to Diamond!

Nice! Congrats @tylertoo.

They just needed to believe to finally get over that hump, and steamroll forward :) Congrats!