Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Ooh, how do you do this? When I download a sim, I see the results immediately.

Ugh, I was going to pick this up today for the five bucks but mis read the dates for the sale.

There should be a check box up at the top that says hide scores on the score screen.

Edit: There also is a check box in the top right of the PT home screen. Looks like either one enables both.

Doh! I never noticed those. Thanks! Going to try it now.

I’ve heard rumors that it will be appearing in a humble bundle at some point this month if that helps.

It does. We share a home laptop at this point that I don’t necessarily use every day and have a work laptop. I had checked for it on gog so I could run it off a usb easily.

Man the guy 2 games behind me just spent some pp on some goldies. SO you know what i did? i bought the some of the top performers on his team (AJ Minter and Salvador Perez)… and i get a win AGAINST him with his players i just got! AJ Minter is a good closer folks!

I am doing my first auction, bidding on Carlton Fisk, 15 minutes to go, I have the highest bid (9 others bidding). Damn this part of it is exciting.

I can see how I could get really hooked on all this.

Sitting at a circus wishing the new mobile version was out.

Came home today and what do I find? 1500 PP have been added to my total because of this:

Thats really cool! Never had a no hitter… some Corner Painters and Maddux games, but a No Hitter thats awesome.

Apparently a perfect game is worth 8k

The most I got was 1k for immaculate inning, i almost forgot about that.

I see why this is such a popular product.

When I left to go bottle some beer at my buddy’s place, the Argonauts were a pitching team with a conference-leading ERA. Now we’ve rather flipped that.

Capture

There’s so much more room for moneyball plays when the competition is human.

My team went 16-12 in August, but it felt much worse. We were 11-4 for the month on the 16th. We have a great home record as well, but are currently in a stretch of going 1-5 at home. I really hope they snap out of it soon. Luckily pennant chase screen is saying we are 100% in the playoffs.

My silver team now has a few teams between it and relegation, but we are still pretty close. I just picked up a gold Will Smith to hopefully help the bullpen, and a gold Manny Machado to improve SS.

I made four upgrades to my original starter pack team through the AH:

These changes over the course of about six in-game weeks took me from 10 games under .500 to 4 games under .500. I think that is part of the hook of Perfect Team – you can get satisfaction from progress like this even if your team still sucks.

For several years I was in multiple OOTP leagues but eventually scaled down to one, then zero, because of the amount of time involved in participating – trade talks, drafts, lineup management of an entire minor league system. It became too much. Perfect Team mode has the appeal of online leagues – including the simple satisfaction of seeing your team improve in increments – without the larger time commitment.

In short, I’m sold on this. I blame all of you on this thread.

1200 pp is good for Bogaerts. plus Fisk is good is hardly on the AH, some players are held more than others. I have been waiting for a Chuck Klein or Bill Terry silver/gold, finally got C Klein for 1400, in one week of gameplay hes already near 1 WAR!

My entry league team is 4th at the end of June. With bonus points I’ve upgraded the majority of my team to silver at the AH (which seems so much more efficient than buying packs) except most of my relievers are bronze but they are kickin’ ass so I don’t see the need to upgrade there yet, plus they just need to get the game to my gold closer.

I’ve only one player with a negative WAR so far, I know this can’t last.

I got Fisk in my starter packs and he is at 3.1 WAR so far this season. A beast.

What year Fisk? Mine is from his latter, White Sox days.