Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Dumb question: a diamond player has a light blue icon? A perfect player is just one with a 100 overall rating?

@tylertoo, you probably know this, but you can look at prior weeks (or months) for the current year. It’s under your team, schedule/scores; it has a complete calendar of the current year schedule, including all scores since Opening Day.

But if you’re asking about last year’s results, you’re right, I can’t seem to find that anywhere. Well, each player has full stats from prior years. But I can’t find records of last year’s games. Will keep looking.

Yes, diamond players’ rating number (always >= 90) background and card outline will be kind of a light blue.
Yes, perfect player’s rating = 100 and their background color is black.

Thanks!

Seems to be going OK so far - jumped out to an 8-3 record, leading the league in scoring and ERA (but tied for 28th in HR).

Bill Madlock is raking - .413 BA and 1.176 OPS - but seems to be playing in the field with a rake - 6 errors in 11 games. May have to move him to DH if he keeps it up.

So my bullpen is off to a good start this season. Kraken are 12-4 to start the season, maybe I finally get out of bronze?

I updated my team to a 3 man rotation for the playoffs.

After the playoffs it reverted me to 5 man but didn’t fill the rotation so the first 20 something games I was just pitching dead tired starters getting hammered.

I just don’t think that they have thought through how people who can’t sit in front of their team every day are supposed to manage. Just like how you can’t queue up stadium changes for the off-season.

I am happy I only paid $5 because I can’t see myself wanting to play it when they want me to schedule my life around the game instead of designing around the idea that people have lives.

The sim waits for no man…

However, it would nice if they had a text or email notification when something is awry, like precisely that scenario of a 5-man rotation without 5 pitchers. Because except for snafus like that, you can kind of set it and forget it.

I’d be bring up your thoughts on their feedback thread. Maybe you can bring about some change.

Something similar happened to me, but it was a 4 man rotation. I’ve found it better to just set my rotation to Always start Highest Rested during playoffs which effectively gives me a 4 man rotation. It has worked well for me, but wouldn’t give you a 3 man.

Have you tried the single player part of this game? Perfect team is fine but IMO no where near as deep and fun as the main OOTP game. There is way more than $5 of entertainment value there.

Hmm, I always run with Always Start Highest Rested, and all five of my starters usually start – but not always! If I de-select this option, then I get my five-man rotation no matter what? I worry that somehow the game will mess up and start an unrested starter if I de-select the option.

Yeah, I have played the single player over the years and own a bunch of versions of the game. But Perfect Team was why I bought '19 for something new.

I’m in B.200 and S.252. Anyone else in either of those leagues?

I’m really enjoying Perfect Team. Yeah, no one has time to check it every half-hour, but for the most part it seems to run fine without me. I do try to check on stuff Sunday evening or Monday morning if possible.

I don’t think it’ll start an unrested starter just because it should be very hard to have that happen. I think “always start highest rested” means “if my #1 starter is ready to go again on day 5, skip my #5 starter for now and slot him back in when we get to a day where everyone else needs rest”. At least that’s what I want it to mean…

Gotcha. Well, I’m experimenting with ‘strict, but occasionally start highest rested.’ So far working fine.

I took my chances last night I won big. Right before going to bed I noticed that I had just over 1000PP so I figured I’d open a pack. 5 junk cards and Chris Sale (100).

Do I keep him or sell him to get multiple other cards?

Naturally I’m now stuck and work and can’t even figure out how much his card sells for.

I tried to check for you but there are none on the auction house right now. It looks like the lowest 100 goes for 25K so at least that much?

Also CONGRATS!

If you don’t have many gold+ players on your team already, I’d probably sell him and get 6-7 gold players. You’ll get more value from that than 1 starter that pitches every 4-5 games.

If your numbers are right I think I have to go that route. He’s a 2018 card so the prices aren’t as sky high as some of the historical ones but it is very temping to get either 2 diamond pitchers or, as you say, 6 decent gold players.

Perfect Sale last 5 is 24k, 62k all time high looking at the AH now.

Thanks.