Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

The Argonauts are somehow north of .500 in Silver 292 or 294 or whichever it is, and generating PP sufficient to go after another Diamond pitcher, probably. (I’m happy with the hitting half of the team—we’re near the top of the league in OBP and HR, which is a good combo, even if the defense is terrible.)

I started a pack-only team, and the most interesting player so far is 1923 Record Breaker George Uhle, who is our best pitcher at 2.97 ERA and a 5-1 record, and one of our best contact hitters as the starting DH, at a .341 average. Edit: also, this morning’s pack had a Historical Legend Roberto Clemente in it, so that’s fun.

Had a great June in Silver .293, going 18-6, and am on top of the AC West by 6 1/2 games. Quite the change from permanently last place last season. Sometimes you eat the RNG, and sometimes the RNG eats you.

OOTP 20 Info is up on Steam now:

Perfect Team Mode 2.0 features:

• 6 Starter Packs containing 36 player cards – start competing right away!

• Collect over 3,200 player cards from today and yesteryear, including many fan favorites

• Customization options for your team logo, uniforms, and ballpark

• Lineups, strategies, and tactics with typical OOTP depth – get the most out of your team!

• Perfect Points that you earn by unlocking achievements – use them to get more packs and improve your team!

• 3D highlights´, box scores and full replays from simulated games

• 2 ways to get Perfect Points for cards: sell them immediately or auction them off to other players

• NEW Tournaments, battle other players in many different tournaments and win packs and exclusive player cards (coming April 2019)

• NEW Collection Missions, finish different collections and receive exclusive cards as a reward (coming April / May 2019)

• NEW Improved Auction House features

• NEW Additional league level, bringing the total to 6.

• NEW More achievements

• NEW Access history reports of past seasons

• NEW Access standings & stats from other leagues in the universe

• NEW PT Universe Record Book

I’m interested to see the collection missions and tournaments. Hopefully they will help with keeping interest as time goes on.

After asking about it I never bought version 19 because I just missed the sale. But I think I’ll drive into 20 right from the gate and get going. Are these leagues in 20 separate from the version 19 ones? Does it matter?

I watched the trailer which was pretty information free but maybe I should check out please team page.

Yes, they are separate from each other.

When they were talking about PT2.0 and OOTP Go last year I got the impression it would be free this year. Now it sounds like OOTP Go is free and you still have to purchase OOTP20 to get access to PT2.0 which to me seems like a major mistake. I would think there are a number of people on the mobile market that would love to dump money into PT2.0 but aren’t going to want to have to dump $40 up front for the privelege to do that.

Also, on a personal note, that means I probably will be sticking in PT1.0 for a while as I probably won’t be jumping into OOTP 20 at launch. I’ll be curious to see what the auction house looks like once PT2.0 comes out.

I wonder why they went with a different naming convention with PT? Why not call it PT20 so you know it is the version that goes with OOTP20?

Since my OOTP usage is confined to a fictional league and (now) Perfect Team, I almost always wait until the $5 sale they do at the World Series.

Well, now it does sound like you will be able to play PT2.0 without buying the game, however you will have to wait until summer when OOTPGO comes out?

I suppose this is only an issue for the 1st year while they develop OOTPGo and by next season PT3.0 should be available for free on OOTPGo when it launches in March.

Cool. I’m glad they’re lifting features like collections straight from Diamond Dynasty. Improved Auction House and historical records fix two of my biggest issues with the current PT mode… but still don’t know if it’s all worth $40 to me since I won’t be touching the main game much/at all.

I’m actually a bit worried about what collections and tournaments are going to do to the auction house. Right now it doesn’t make sense to hold onto cards unless they are on your main team, therefore any cards that you get from packs that don’t make the team go onto the AH. With the new system, it would make a lot of sense to hold onto your cards to fill collections or to potentially use in future tournaments. It seems like the AH is not going to have nearly as many cards available for purchase.

I can totally see that being the case for “chase” cards, but it should also boost the value of low end cards that right now are a huge waste of time listing on the auction house. At least that’s how it worked in The Show - you could always find a buyer for your crappy 45 OVR player because someone out there needed him to finish up a team’s collection.

And you know honestly, if there are less high end cards available maybe you won’t run into 7 Sean Doolittle in an All-Star game as much. I’d consider that a positive.

My Gold team is doing fairly well and leading their division at the moment. My diamond team is 48-48, and I guess I should be happy with that considering they’ve gone 3-12 this month before the all-star game.

The Renegades come into the all-star break in 1st place with a 61-35 record. We are also riding a 13 game winning streak. I guess not being able to check on things for a couple of days is the key to success.

Capture

After a slow start we have really heated up.

Capture2

God dammit. Give me back my mojo @Hrnac!

After an awful first couple months of the season, the Kraken have started to get their bleep together and have crawled back into contention for the wild card and division as we enter the last bit of the season. I picked up Nick Senzel to replace Evan Longoria at 3b, sacrificing a little bit of power for hopefully a guy that can get on base once in a while. So far so good as he has a .486 OBP and 0.8 WAR in 70 at bats for me. Longoria had a 0.2 WAR in around 300ab.

I haven’t looked to see how things stand today. We were leading the division at all-star break in gold. They seemed to be overperforming compared to their rankings in the stats categories.

I just wanted to say to all you guys that have opened packs and showed up the awesome cards you got… I hate you. I have had the worst luck. I was bored tonight and decided to buy 4 packs and got nothing. I believe I have now bought a total of 15 packs and have gotten 1 gold card, a Patrick Corbin that I already had.

I think I’ve opened 8 packs this season between the 2 teams, maybe more, and I think I added 1 player to my gold team. I’m still waiting to see a perfect.

Edit: I see Kevin Brown is going for 45000pp average the last 5 sales. I might have to go ahead and sell him, and take a chance on pulling something in 45 packs.

I didn’t realize OOTP20 wasn’t going live until March 22. So I guess I’m not getting it this weekend after all. At this point I’m not going to get OOTP 19 unless it goes on sale again (they should do this!), so I’ll keep spectating the Perfect Team leagues for a while.

Things are looking good for the Qt3 gang as we enter the last day of the G314 season. We currently have 2 division leaders, 2 wild card teams and I’m only 1 game back from another wildcard spot. It would be cool if we could get 5 of the 10 playoff spots.