Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

My four amazing Pitchers all collectively forgot how to pitch for three months at the start of this season, so I got slightly bored of how random this all is and didn’t log in for a while.

So when I signed in today I had just a bit over 5,000 PP, so I bought a gold pack to try and find some batting…

Can I have an eight man starting rotation?

I’m sorry.

I have not been as invested in my teams this week since I just dived into Rimworld and it has completely eaten up my gaming time.

But I’m doing well in Gold:

And I have a shot at the Wild Card in Diamond.

I would suggest 9 gold packs, chances of good pulls would be actually higher I think.

Here’s the wildcard battle that my bronze league Squirrels are in.

I think my gold team is determined to let someone else win the division.

Yeah I jinxed it. My team has went on a losing streak and fallen 4 games back.

My wildcard race on Sept. 26.

Both my Sox teams are in the wildcart hunt. It’s going down to the wire.

Each team also has more than 20,000 gold to spend. I need to go shopping!

My gold team is clinging to a 1/2 game lead in the division now with 3 games to go. I doubt they will hold on.

Editt: and they managed to drop into 3rd. At this point my teams have seemed to reach a stable point where they both are entrenched in their current levels, so I might just ignore it for a few weeks and let the pp build up.

I should ignore things for a week but I’ve gotten in a habit of logging in twice a day.

Both teams made the playoffs via wildcard in Gold.

I squeaked in.

Both my teams earned Wildcard spots – and both lost their one-game playoff series. Here endeth my season.

But Cy Young joins my oldtimer Boston Red Stockings next season! And Dwight Evans and Curt Schilling have signed with the New Haven Red Sox. So wait til next year!

Hmm, somehow my gold team managed to win the division. That must have been some final day and playoffs. Lost division series 3-2. It looks like my diamond team somehow grabbed a wildcard spot as well. Lost the wildcard game, but I didn’t expect them to make it there.

Is there a plan for a phone app for Perfect Team in next years version? When it comes to playoffs I rarely have time to check on lineups and adjust on my PC on Sundays. It would be so much easier to be able to check up on lineups and rotations and scores on the go.

I am in silver .275. Anyone else?

My Flying Squirrels won their one-game wildcard and then got swept in the divisional. Which was further than I expected them to get so I’m pleased. They should get promoted to Silver. Meanwhile, I’m expecting my Gold league team to get relegated to Silver. Maybe they’ll face each other?

Yes, I believe so. I’m actually afraid of this, as I’ll constantly be checking for updates.

Not me, but this will all change tomorrow.

Yes, the next mobile version will have PT.

The Renegades went down yet again in the playoffs, losing 3 games to 1. In 5 seasons of playoffs, we have only won a single series. I will probably add a couple of new players for this season. I did not make any roster additions last season as the team played very good. Our early 7-12 start may hasten my roster tweaking.

Just saw this on the auction house:

And there’s one bid. That’s a lot of pp.

Meanwhile my Librarians have a losing record but take solace in taking two of three from @Spock’s Stockings:

And then two of three against @strummer’s Alan Wiggins Project:

Great logo for the AWP by the way!

I’ve decided that with a bunch of golds and handful of diamonds, the only way to make any marked improvements on a budget is via packs. The first pack I bought had Jose Ramirez, a 97 OVR card. He’s batting a buck eighteen. On the plus side, it’s pretty cool that a ton of players from my favorite team are rated highly in this game, and that a handful of them (Lindor, Kluber, Ramirez) are on my roster.

He’s selling for around 7,000 so you could flip him and buy seven more packs.

I was coming to that same conclusion. My team is competitive in gold but probably needs a few more pieces to make it to diamond and not get relegated. Any real upgrades are going to cost 10K+ and I’ve only got 3K right now so it might just be time to start using all PP to pull packs and hope for something good.

Bought 3 packs, got 5 bronze cards. Maybe packs aren’t the best strategy for me. That is something like 19 packs and 1 gold so far.

Sold my Evan Longoria since Nick Senzel has been playing so well for me and bought 3 more packs. Pulled 7 bronze. The worst luck.