Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

The Expats lost the last three games but still managed to make it into the playoffs as the top wildcard. I used some spare PP to open packs (5 right after the All Star Break and 3 after the season) to net two useful players ( paul goldschmidt who will platoon with helton at 1b until I figure which one I want to sell) and buster posey (an upgrade on stearns without sacrificing defense).

Nice! I’ve been out of town the past few days and haven’t been able to look.

I just pulled a diamond Future Legend Alex Kirilloff for my silver team, so it looks like Ichiro is finally leaving the lineup. I guess maybe I should’ve looked at replacing Lorenzo Cain with him instead, but too late for the playoffs. Won the division series, so possibly facing @strummer next round.

Cool! Good work @Madmarcus and @vyshka!

So good news bad news for my teams.

My Cigar City Lagers had their first season where they didn’t win their division. It was their first time in Diamond, so I was expecting this to happen, but it had been a fun little streak. They had a chance at the wildcard with a week to go, but faded late and ended up finishing 4th in the division.

But the good news is that Atlanta Phoenix made the Diamond playoffs and is currently in the LCS. I’d love to at least win this series to get promoted into Perfect just to see how badly I’ll get destroyed before moving on to OOTP20.

My Sox teams had mediocre seasons, with neither making the playoffs, but none faces relegation. Good luck to the Qt3ers still in the hunt!

My division was really tight right to the end, with one game separating the top 3 teams, all of which had better records than the other division winners. I ended up second after ending the season 3-7, and lost the wild card game to the Alan Wiggins Project, who then lost the division series 3-2. So the AWP and I will be back for another round next season. Go Sean Doolittles!

Made it to the WS, so heading back up to gold after a season in silver. Trailing 1-2 1-3 at the moment.

@tylertoo I didn’t realize I was playing you. Good luck in the last 1 or 2 games :) At least one QT3 member will win the WS.

@vyshka Hah! I’m out town until Monday night and didn’t bring my laptop, so I haven’t checked since Thursday and have no idea what’s going on. Is this the WS? Silver league? Keep me posted.

All of this proves I’m better off leaving my teams alone!

Yes this is Silver league WS. You are currently up 3-2, with 2 home games left. Dennis Martinez is about to start game 6 for you.

Wow, thanks. Good luck! Let me know what happens.

I suppose I’ll lose access to the game replays after tomorrow when the season flip.

Somehow my team managed to come back and win those 2 games.

Series:

Game 1: Win 4-2 at Levittown
Game 2: Loss 2-3 at Levittown
Game 3: Loss 3-6 at Cedar Rapids
Game 4: Loss 1-7 at Cedar Rapids
Game 5: Win 5-4 at Cedar Rapids (This one was a heartbreaker for your team. Down 4-2 in the bottom of the 9th, we rallied to win)
Game 6: Win 2-1 at Levittown
Game 7: Win 6-4 at Levittown

That was quite a series. You crushed your division series 3-1, and sub-league series 4-0.

silver319-ws

Congrats @vyshka!

I won the Diamond WS!

And it’s on to Perfect.

Nice! Good luck up there. :)

Grats to @vyshka and @KWhit! Great stuff!

I’ll be real interested to hear what a Perfect league is like!

I haven’t messed with this all that much, save for buying some cards a couple months ago and watching my team go from gold to silver, hovering around a 330 win percentage. Today, I finally got dumped down to bronze, so I opened the 6 gold packs I had and spent about 10k points, so far, with 30k more in the bank. I feel pretty good about my chances in the league now, though my perfect Noah Syndergard just got lit up for 10 runs by team with only 2 silver hitters. Ugh.

Haven’t been able to connect all evening. I assume it’s issues with the beta launch of PT 2.0 today.

Yeah I’m able to do the initial login, but it fails to download the league file, when I click the play perfect team.