Out of the Park Baseball 19 - The quest for the Perfect Team

Ah - yes you did. Reading comprehension is not my strong suit, I guess. Good luck in the playoffs!

Hehe, my team just beat the 107 win team that won our division by 21 games in the division series 3-2. Getting my teams mixed up, this is the team I have in bronze in ootp20, so I guess they are heading to silver next season. My gold team is in the league series in ootp19 as well. My diamond team had a mediocre year, but we finished the season by beating @KWhit ;)

Sub-league series is tied 3-3. Kevin Brown faces off against Curt Schilling in the final game. Come on Curt with your 40 movement, give up some HRs. Part of me wants to win, and part would like to stay in gold.

Edit: And we win! Come on @pizzaddict win game 7, and we will face off in the league series.

What? My team is doing stuff? I better pop on and see whats happening!

Hey, I’m in the world series! Guess I better go and set my rotation and lineup for the first time this season :)

You finished the season by winning three in a row against me. Yowsa!

The Reds won their 3rd title, first Gold League, defeating the Kraken. Now they head to diamond for the first time to probably spend a season getting tortured.

Torture is good for the soul.

Ok, not regular torture, but the torture of being put in a really tough baseball league in OOTP.

Awesome. Congrats.

Congrats! My pitching staff apparently had no chance against your offense.

See you in diamond! Sort of wish I could just stay down in gold as last time I was in diamond I spent like 8 seasons barely holding off being demoted back to gold.

@tylertoo, thanks for the heads up about the playoffs, lol. I have not checked my OOTP 19 team for several weeks now – made the move to OOTP 20, and even that I haven’t had time to check often. But I’m glad to hear my guys are in there pitching! I’ll check on them in due course. :)

Anyone else have a team in gold .371? It looks like it hasn’t simmed at all today. I can log into my account, but where you normally click play is greyed out. I can log in for my diamond team just fine.

Yep, that must be what’s going on. I’ve been stuck at the “league starting soon” message all day.

This week we’re not only in the same league, we’re in the same division.

Speaking of which, my silver league team must have some sort of record for futility:

After getting demoted from gold many seasons ago, we keep making the playoffs… and then flopping in the playoffs so that we don’t get promoted. Literally, stuck in Silver. A team of chokers. Will this season be different? I doubt it.

Hey, I might be joining you soon! After making the CS last season I’m sitting 20 games below .500 already in Gold.

@KWhit you and I are facing off for the chance to go get smacked around in perfect next season. Good luck! :) I’d love to see the stats on wildcards defeating the #1 seeds. I’m sure it doesn’t happen nearly as often as it feels like, but sure must be a bummer to win 100+ games and then get blanked 3-0 in the division series.

@tylertoo has Levittown broke it’s curse and pushed on to gold?

No! In fact, they backslid and missed the Silver playoffs for the first time in ages. Time for an overhaul. I have about 60Kpp there sitting unused.

60k could buy some decent upgrades I imagine.

My Cedar Rapids team is currently split 1-1 in the sub-league gold series, and Texarkana has jumped to a 2-0 lead against @KWhit and now has a 3 game series at home. We get through that to the finals and we are off to perfect next season for a 162 games of pure torture.

Half of it is pp accumulated over many weeks of doing very little. The other 30K is from selling Noah Syndergaard, who I had pulled in a bronze pack. I played him for a while, and he strangely stunk up the joint, so I was able to sell him for nice BIN price.

The Reds swept my Rangers, but honestly I’m happy to just be in the playoffs.

@KWhit is has been quite a series. My money is on Smoltz to carry you to a game 7 win, and on to the finals and perfect.

Edit: Both Smoltz and Keefe didn’t have really good games. We pulled out the 5-4 win, and now head to the finals and perfect (yay :/) next season.

Edit 2: Up 3-1 right now in the finals, with 2 home games waiting if we lose this next game.