Out of the Park Baseball 20 - Make your team Perfecter!

I sniped the Keuchel because the bid was significantly less than his average sell price at the time. He’s generally performed pretty well for me, but he really spit the bit this season. As I type this, he just gave up a walkoff hit in my last game.

The Oliva is the 78. Not a bad card. Can play all three outfield positions relatively well, and hits for a high average with a little bit of pop. Definitely better as a platoon guy, though, and won’t walk much.

Yeah. So, I put a high price tag on him knowing he was unlikely to sell at that price. Then I was going to drop the asking price the next time I put him up.

Turns out, I could have gone higher. Sold for 399,000PP Buy it Now. Jesus.

After the 10% tax:

Now what do I spend it on?

I spent a chunk of pp upgrading my pitching staff for my silver team, and apparently that worked. We are 2nd in runs allowed. Unfortunately we are like 13th in runs scored. So now to try and update some of the bats.

Holy smokes. I don’t even know how I’d start to spend 360k PP. But grats on selling him for that price. I’m not even sure what advice to give. Be sure to tell us what you spend it on!

Is it even possible for someone to have earned anywhere near that in 20 yet (I guess doing the same with a card pull would be possible)? I guess it is their money to burn, but damn.

Whoa! Nice haul!!! Gratz on your mad RNG skill. whoot whoot

Well, I swept my opponent in the Diamond League World Series, winning the last game by a score of 19-4! The last few seasons I had made the playoffs but got knocked out repeatedly in the first round.

On to Perfect. I’m scared.

Congrats, and good luck.

Whooohooo! Gratz

My team in Silver won the World Series 4-1, so I’m off to Gold!

Everyone else lost in the playoffs or didn’t make it in so they suck!

However, since everything resets on Mondays, everyone is now awesome.

Looks like I’m in the same division as Charlatan’s Llamas and the same league as Sammich’s Sandwiches. Good times!

Yeah I noticed we were all together. You get to see what a mess my packs-only team is! The upside of a packs-only team is you can get some awesome cards. The downside is that you are forced to live with what you get (I was remarking somewhere else that my packs-only team is platooning at 1B,3B, LF, and DH… it’s exhausting trying to piece together the roster when half of your guys can hit lefties but not righties or vice versa).

Hell, I’m not even packs-only and I’ve got the same issue. I’m currently platooning at C, 1B, 2B, and LF.

The new weekly Live updates are out: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=304024. My Springer and Story lost a point each, and my Felipe Vazquez dropped two points.

I should really sell Springer and Story before they drop back below diamond again. They’ve both averaged around .230/.310/.380 for me over multiple seasons.

So far my team in Perfect has faced:

100 Walter Johnson 2x
100 Greg Maddux 2x
100 Cy Young
98 Waite Hoyt 2x
88 Ismael Valdes
69 Jack Aker (I have no idea)

We’re 0-9!

Full disclosure: the first 7 games were against the same team, who’s got a roster full of 100s.

My team batting average is .143. Go team!

I have no desire to end up in perfect. Diamond is enough for me.

Well, I somehow sold off 4 of my lineup including starting SS, 2B, and a couple of backups. Didn’t think you could do that with the alert for having less than 25 players active, but I did. Looks like I went 3 and 1 during that time LOL and only noticed it when I logged in a few min ago and saw I was playing only 7 players in my lineup. Went to the AH and spent about 6k getting my team back to full strength, but I lost a couple of great defensive players (Ozzie Smith and Tori Hunter). Dangit!!!

How did you accidentally sell players? I’m confused.

I’d bought a bunch of packs and they were filled with trash mostly so I quick sold them. During that I somehow sold 3 or 4 of my active players. I’ve seen the ‘you can’t sell this due to putting your active roster too low’ or whatever the error is but obviously in this case it let me sell active players. Maybe if you click past this you can sell, but I don’t think that’s correct as I’m pretty sure it kills your whole sale of any active players.

Or at least I was pretty sure you it would kill the sale, hehe.

HAHA! So after my selling of active players and then dropping around 6-7K PP to get some replacements I go on a nice 14-4 run and get a few games over .500 finally and back in the race in my division. Maybe I should just sell my whole team and grab replacements.

My teams were busy this year:

• Washington got their butts handed to them in Perfect. I escaped the Whales league and ended up in the… uh… mini-whales league? We won 51 games but for better or worse we escaped relegation.

• Leesburg (packs-only) easily won their division in Gold, and will be heading to the playoffs.

• Annandale (defensive team) won 101 games, had the best record in the league, and cruised to a division win (by 21 games). Playoffs time!

• Texas (MLB-themed) won 96 games, which was only good for the 2nd wild card spot (every division winner in my league won 98+ games). We will play lose the wild card game soon.

• Motown (60’s era team) had a year-long battle in their division, fighting tooth and nail against another team. It came down to the last series of the year, with that team coming to Motown with Motown having a 1 game division lead. Motown took the first two games of the series and ended up winning the division by 2 games. Motown had the batting champion (Carew) and the HR champion (Aaron). Aaron also decimated the competition in RBIs (136-113 for second place) but there’s no award for that. Aaron also led the league in R, SLG, and OPS. He’d better win MVP!

• Venusville (contact hitters) also had a year-long battle with a team that wouldn’t give up. We a 4 or 5 game lead for much of the year, but in August that team caught up and from then on we’d swap first place about every 3 days. No matter what one team did, the other couldn’t get ahead more than 2 games or so - and then they’d catch right up. When the dust cleared, Venusville won the division by one game (whew!). Won the batting championship here also (Boggs). Had two pitchers tie for most wins (Scherzer and Bunning) - so I got two PP awards for that.