Out of the Park Baseball 20 - Make your team Perfecter!

Yep! Although OOTP v19 doesn’t have tourneys, whereas v20 does, apparently. What’s great about PT is that if you want to take a week off and ignore it, you can, with no harm done – your team will accumulate Perfect Points, and you can jump back in and tinker all you like whenever you like.

Yes, sort of. One of your Settings allows you to specify whether you want to be placed in Random leagues or with Friends. Choose the Friends setting. And then becomes Friends with all the Qt3/OOTP managers – using their OOTP Manager names, which we’ll need to share here. You can have something like 30 or 40 friends, I think. It doesn’t guarantee that we’re all in the same League, especially as we’re at various levels, but I find that usually 2 or 3 of us are in the same league, which is fun. I’ve had playoff series against other Qt3ers. I think we had an all-Qt3 World Series a couple weeks ago.

So people with OOTP v20 should start posting their usernames here, in this thread! I’m about to buy 20, so I’ll post my Manager name here.

Ootp 20 should be showing up in origin access in April btw.

I guess the leagues reset around 6:20 AM. I was looking at my team when all of a sudden it reset. And it appears there is still no way to see prior league histories, which for a game like this is somewhat mind boggling. I’ve got 2 teams: one is a “regular” team and the other is only going to open packs. The first made it to Bronze 246 and the second is in Iron 201. Go teams!

Oh, thanks! Was wondering when/if it would hit EA access. I’ll just keep learning with the 19 version and get the 20 version in a couple of weeks (April 9).

In fact, the time I took a week off in v19, both my teams made it to the World Series. Proving, of course, that they’re better off without my micromanagement!

That is disappointing.

Sorry, to clarify what I said… they don’t track the warmup leagues once they end. So there was no way for me to see the spring training statistics. So the fact that I didn’t check my team late last night or this morning means I had no idea what happened for the last 20 games or so of the season. Which was annoying, but I guess in the longer sense doesn’t matter.

My understanding is that player cards will show prior performance, but I do not know if there is a way to see overall league stats for prior years. And I do think manager performance is tracked year to year, but it’s unclear to me if you can look at the prior year and see final standings for instance.

In OOTP 19, you could see only your team’s won-loss record, its performance in the playoffs, any trophies – basic stuff like that. Edit: OOTP 20 will supposedly include much more history. So sayeth Marcus here: https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=299254

You will be able to access a proper league history report from past leagues you played in

• You can view info /standings / stats from other leagues in the universe
  • There will be a universe-wide record book and leaderboards.

In the meantime, you can already see a lot of career player info. Individual cards show a player’s entire history. Also, you can see this for all players you still have by looking at:

Roster/Player List…/Listed Players: Entire Organisation…/Scope: All Levels…/Split: Career

Also, my OOTP 20 PT teams are now live. My two managers are:

Yastrzemski
Carl_Yastrzemski

Please add me! And please list your own manager name(s) so I can add you!

My two managers are

• Charlatan (“regular” team)
  • CharlatanPrime (building through packs only)
  • Charlatan2 (defense oriented experiment)

I think I’m going to add a third team (to try a super defensive team) so I’ll update the post once that occurs.

You can only have 3 PT per license, right? I read that somewhere.

You can have more than one team for the PT thing? I had no idea. I’m still just gonna play 19 until 20 comes out on Origin Access.

My two teams are:

KWhit
Cigarsandbeer

My understanding is that you can have up to 3. But the caveat is that you need to use a different email address for each registration. So I now have an aol.com email address!!

Ahh. I’ve got a couple of gmail accounts in use. Once I get the 20 version I’ll use them for a couple of teams. Nice

Just got the packs for my defense team. They didn’t hit the jackpot but I got a ton of coppers, three silvers, and in the bonus gold pack I got 2 gold starting pitchers (88 and 89). Also Gil Hodges and Marvelous Marv Thrroneberry!

What is the point of multiple Perfect Teams? Do they share points? Or do you have to manage 3 different pools of points?

Stupid question to show how little I truly understand Perfect Team: does your non-perfect team performance generate perfect points? I thought it did for awhile, but then I found this transaction history where it shows where your points are coming from, and I’m not sure any are coming from non-perfect team performances. Or do only Challenge Teams generate points?

Each PT is managed separately. There is no (legal) way to pool points. The reason you’d have multiple teams would be to try different strategies or just to muck around with a team.

I believe you can earn packs through non-PT achievements (I read someone saying if you sim with the '27 Yankees you can get a pack from some sort of achievement). From what I understand, this method of earning packs is time-gated so you can’t abuse it. I do not know if you can earn Perfect Points from non-PT activities.

I just took the time to do some reading and it appears you can earn player packs from playing Challenge mode, but it is time-gated to every “few days,” whatever that means.

23% off on GMG

I believe it also depends on completing achievements in challenge mode, or at least did at one point.

FYI, if you create a PT team before the 29th (I think) you will get a free “gold” pack which guarantees your starter team will have at least 2 gold players on it.