Out of the Park Baseball 22: Take Me Out to the (Digital) Ballgame once more!

Great pulls and glad to hear the stories of your guys success. Saturday was a terrible day for both of my teams in terms of tournaments play. I was getting knocked out in the first round over and over and over. What’s weird is that I did not change my teams from Friday to Saturday yet Friday they did well and Saturday it was terrible. I think I even looked at one tournament where my DH went to zero for 19. I’m going to write all that down as the luck of the draw.

One thing I noticed for Annandale, who has a silver tournament team, is that the Negro league cards are starting to appear on the winners. It’s not clear to me (yet) if those cards are becoming required for silver tournaments but if they are I’m scared because I don’t have the kind of money to throw down for three or four of them.

Both of my teams started playing a lot better in league play on Friday and Saturday. It was unclear to me whether my teams were improving that much or whether other teams were starting to try to throw games in order to not get promoted. Of course, to be fair, Annandale did complete a few elections and added a few of the SEs. My thoughts about promotion are I try to play my team a certain way, and if it is close to getting promoted I don’t change the teams behavior to try to throw games. What that ended up meeting was that Washington, who won 90 games but finished fourth in the wildcard chase (and third in my division!) Is getting promoted, while Annandale missed promotion by one slot. I’m fine with both those outcomes.

The funny part of the promotion story is that Washington was set up to try to not get promoted… I put my starters on a low pitch count and was hoping that my bullpen would be pitching exhausted all year long. Annandale I just set up normally. So both teams did the opposite of what I intended!