Out of the Park Baseball 22: Take Me Out to the (Digital) Ballgame once more!

Good point. I think it will probably fail to load, because that is what happens when you try to load a roster for a different team.

I guess one workaround would be to load the roster for an unlimited tourney which should work, and then take out all of your non-bronze players if you’re editing a bronze team. So maybe my fears are a bit overblown!

Finally sold my Candy Cummings 100 card. Had to drop it to 100k, but I was able to fill in a couple of weak spots in my roster. My PT team is a couple of games out of the wildcard game, but I have @vyshka 's Reds OL team right in front of me. I don’t think I can catch him in the final days of this season, but it should be fun trying.

I got some great pulls (a 96 Maddux among them) on Wednesday, then saved up mission packs and tourney packs til this morning. With 3 gold and 17 regular packs I ended up with 4 gold cards and a lot of nothing. Oh well.

I have a NL card that is vastly underperforming, so I might sell it off. The NL cards are pretty pricey it seems.

I have pulled a few diamond cards, but today was one of my first historical diamonds – Emmett Heidrick. He’s not a huge upgrade, and in fact I have him platooning with Dave Fultz right now. 81 OF range, 69 CF ability, 84 contact, but a bad eye, and indeed he doesn’t walk much, which hurts his OBP. He’s hitting .300 but his OPS is only slightly over league average. We’ll see how he does.

Also, after a week of stability, the AI suddenly couldn’t find my tournament lineup. I think I fixed it, but a tad worrisome.

Annandale has been running silver tournaments the past couple days or so, without much success. At least it gives me something to tinker with!

One of the big attractions of the NL cards is that you can use them in the collections to get three very high powered rewards. That, and the novelty of them, are reasons that they sell for such high prices. I put a duplicate Ray Dandridge up for Annandale. It has an L 10 price of 50,000 but I started it at 15k with no buyout. It’s sold this morning for I wanna say in the low 20s. So I think the L10 prices are not reflective of actual demand for these cards since it reflects whales buying them and not many other people.

For Annandale I’m trying to identify the largest impact player for around 50 K. Once I identify him I will try to buy him off the auction house! Of course, that means the week after I buy the card they will announce some super Duper better card for the same position. But that’s life!

Only a few packs form my bronze tourneys yesterday. I didn’t sit and constantly keep 3 going though. Won’t be able to today so hopefully I can get a few this morning.

PT team is still a few games behind @vyshka ’s but I’m currently in the final wildcard spot and 5 games up on the next team. I have a few cards that are vastly underperforming but unless I find a deal in the AH I’ll probably stay pat unless my wc lead swindles too much.

I won one tournament overnight but that was it. Like you, @lostcawz , I can’t continually refresh all 9 tournament slots. RIght now I do have more time to do so, with the pandemic and all, but I won’t be able to keep it up through the summer and fall.

It’s also a bit tedious to update all the tourney slots. Can we get away with not clicking “set rosters” if our rosters are working smoothly?

Maybe OOTP Go will make it easier or quicker?

I haven’t been setting my rosters. I did check today after you mentioned your lineups being gone but my Bronze team is still plugging along without much input. If I notice that I’m deep into a tourney I might adjust my pitching or something, but otherwise I just sign up and let it ride without really looking at my team.

Good to know. I’ve done that once or twice, but I think I’ll make it a regular practice.

I’m pretty sure my roster problem stemmed from selling a duplicate of one of my bronze tournament cards. As was mentioned earlier, I guess it’s safest to sell those from the tournament screen.

I broke down and got the Microsoft 365 subscription so I could have access to excel. I’ve also downloaded silver tourney data for the last two days and have a simple pivot table for batters hooked up if you guys are interested. Gonna be looking to @vyshka’s bronze table for ideas. I haven’t started working on pitchers yet mostly because I’m trying to figure out how to evaluate them… I will take inspiration from that bronze spreadsheet for that also.

I need some help because the last two days have been brutal in the tournaments scene, with very little success.

Also, Washington is playing Texarkana in a wildcard game today in… Bronze I think?

One of these days I’ll have to ask about pulling data into a spreadsheet. But not today. Today is for biking and brain refeshing, not number crunching. Hehe.

I’ve got @vyshka 's Reds-OL today in the wildcard of our league. My worst pitcher is up too. Does the game give pitchers rest during off days in the tourney? There are supposedly 2 or 3 days before our WC game so I’d like to adjust my rotation, but it seems like I checked this myself once before and the pitchers didn’t acquire rest during those days.

@lostcawz , he got the job done. :) Congrats and good luck in the rest of the playoffs.

Are you guys able to add or subtract from your friends list? OOTP seems to have disabled it. The column in the Managers screen that has add/remove simply isn’t there for me right now. Others are reporting the same. My Bar Harbor Red Sox - BFF have no BFF friends right now :( Yastrzemski is their manager, FYI.

Edit: Apparently it’s a bug, to be fixed next hotfix. Which is all well and good, but that leaves my BFF team with no BFF friends for a week. It’s okay.

Also, by my low standards, I’m on a tourney hot streak – won 2 overnight, and won a couple yesterday. What holds me back is that I’m lazy about keeping all 9 slots full.

Ooooh! Playoff rivals! Somehow my lesser team has won two playoff series with you. I don’t expect that to last but I’ll take it while I can get it.

Just got back home, aaaaaaand…crushed by a whale team 3-0 in next round. Sorry, @vyshka you’d have had a much better chance. Oh well. I did much better this season than I expected. And I won and got 2nd in a couple of tourneys I’d started before I headed out this morning. All in all, a good day.

My Concord Red Sox got through two rounds of the playoffs but then was swept. A surprisingly good run, though.

This is what I’ve been working on today:

https://pastebin.com/raw/01hd1dDn

Having fun figuring out pandas.

Very impressive. 300,000 plate appearances for George Case! That’s tournament data, yes? That’s a lot of tournaments. O.O

Looks like the Live stats updated. I was missing a pitcher and a 2b from my Bronze team. So when you join a tourney don’t forget to check your roster. If you had any Live players you might be missing a few now.