Outer Wilds - a solar system trapped in a time loop.

Haha, from experience I wouldn’t trust my jetpack!

There’s actually a video on youtube of someone doing a full run of the game using jetpack only :)

I just did my final run yesterday and yeah it was pretty quick overall.

Use your signal locator, quickly fly to it, quickly follow lanterns, shoot the probe, follow the probe, slowly go by the angler fish, reach the vessel

Lots of steps but only took me a few minutes all together. After doing so I also read a shortcut:

Once you’ve been to the vessel once, you can mark it as a destination using a ship log, so you don’t need to go to the beacon first and can instead just head directly to it

I also tried heading directly to the red dot, but it turns out that’s all randomized so it’s not a guaranteed way to get to where you want to go.

Yes! I saw that but didn’t have time to watch it! It sounds crazy.

Oh right! I didn’t figure out this trick when I had almost entirely finished the game. Maybe I did use that the last time through?

Oh, I knew you could waypoint places but never thought to do that!

I haven’t tried this game yet. But judging from people’s reactions, is this anyone’s GOTY?

I’ve played Quadrilateral Cowboy and Return of the Obra Dinn this year and never expected Outer Wilds to stand alongside them. The only way is down after that run!

It’ll be very high up on my 100 top games of all time list, put it that way. I should get back to that…

Yes, mine.

Absolutely mine so far.

Aye, if it wasn’t clear: mine too.

Can’t really argue with this conclusion:

“Outer Wilds is easily my game of the year thus far, and continues to move up the list of my personal favorite games of all time. It’s an experience I genuinely cannot stop thinking about, managing to encompass everything I love about the adventure gaming genre and the smart sci-fi musings of my all-time favorite authors. The few negatives brought on by the time loop at the game’s core are universally outweighed by the pioneering spirit cultivated throughout. I urge you to seek out Outer Wilds if you can, if only to try out what is surely one of the greatest adventure games ever created. 5/5”

It has to compete with One Finger Death Punch 2 for the absolute top spot, and I have an almost irrational love for that game, but it will definitely be giving it a run for its money.

New Patch Incoming
We’ve been hard at work on improving the game based on all of the feedback we’ve been receiving. While our last patch was more of an emergency fix patch, this one has a bit more in the way of improvements. As before, we will do full patch notes when we release the patch later, but here is a sneak peak of some of the things we’re including:

New Feature: Sleep to pass time! A lot of players have been requesting a way to skip forward in time. Because physics is simulated in Outer Wilds it isn’t quite as simple as moving a time slider forward (which is why we didn’t already have it in the game), but we’ve found a way to allow you to pass time a bit more quickly by snoozing at campfires.

Endgame Tweaks: We’ve heard resounding feedback about a certain area of confusion towards the end of the game, and we’ve taken significant steps to improve it. We’ve tweaked level design and clarified writing in several areas to make certain clues more clear, as well as adding an entirely new clue to help players deduce the way forward.

FOV Slider in Options Menu: We’re adding adjustable FOV so that players who experience motion sickness can tweak their settings to be more comfortable.

HUD Improved Aspect Ratio Support: The in-game HUD now supports arbitrary aspect ratios, so users with 4:3 or double 16:9 monitor setups can have a much more usable interface.

Bug fixes: We’ve fixed a wide variety of bugs from Ultrawide resolutions not showing up to fixing areas where Brittle Hollow fragments were clipping through areas they shouldn’t and killing players unexpectedly. We will detail out the various bug fixes in our actual patch notes.

The podcast Music Respawn has an interview with the composer of Outer Wilds.

What’s the ETA for the latest patch do we know?

Anyone still playing this? Since I hadn’t yet I figured I’d hold off getting it till they wrapped on this most recent patch…anyone out there still? haha

YES! I just got started a couple weeks ago, but I love it. I’m probably 6-8 hours in.

Did the patch come out? I’ve been away for a couple of days.

I look forward to checking it out as well. As for the patch, don’t know, I mean one was announced about a month ago, so you’d think it must surely be out now?!

I’m pretty sure the patch dropped a while back because I posted a screenshot of a clear difference with a formerly problematic section of the game (hidden after spoiler tags) and noticed they’ve also added a sleep function. That was… on Jun 22 when I last fired it up.

It seems, then, that you’re good to go! I’m so envious.

Thanks man, good to hear.

I’ll jump in once I’ve exhausted my initial run thru Planetfall.