Outriders - Square Enix colonizes space

I just picked up this game on PS5 since they had it on sale. I’ve only been playing solo, but have really enjoyed my time. I played the demo as a Pyro and wasn’t really feeling that class, so I switched to a Trickster and that has been awesome. I think it may be the best go-to class for solo players. You can pretty much just ignore cover, get into every enemy’s face and blast away with a shotgun to keep yourself effectively invincible for the entire encounter.

The weapon perks also get a lot more interesting the deeper you get in the game. Ironically, I think the demo kinda undersells the game’s virtues in a lot of ways. I think it’s easy to get the impression that the weapons will be super basic, that your enemies will be mostly human and that you’ll be spending most of the game in and around the starting town. There’s a ton of environmental variety and enemy types in the full game and there isn’t nearly as much level reuse as other games of this type. Most side quests, for example, will take you to a unique offshoot of the main level rather than just reusing main quest locations.

I’m also really enjoying the wry style to the writing and story.