Outriders - Square Enix colonizes space

Man why didn’t anyone tell me this game has giant, terrifying fucking spiders? I’m out.

You do get to blow them up with rocket launchers and napalm. Not enough?

Nah sadly just seeing them makes me shut the game down.

That’s too bad since that seems a super common monster type in games, sorry to hear that. :(

Yeah it’s not great.

Wait a minute, I thought you were a big fan of the EDF games and those have massive spiders!

For some reason I can handle those, not sure why. It’s an exception

me too. They are the worst design in games. I stopped EDF because of it, I had my fill. I almost stopped Bloodborne, but I pushed through the area. So annoying. I get it, spiders are creepy and frightening. It’s just lazy and cheap.

Hey, publishers: if you want to lose sales, just put spiders in your game.

There’s a website idea there - kinda like that twitter account CanIpetthedog - www.doesthegamehavespiders.com

Linky no worky, please confirmy.

it’s just an idea for a website, I suppose. Would be NOT funny if that website had a lot of game spider images…

I quit at the end boss because it was a dumb, frustrating end boss. I’m sure it’s a me problem and other people breezed through it.

While I beat it, I do seem to recall that the encounter design was dumb. You’re not missing much past that, though, since it’s just the endgame stuff and that’s where the fun evaporated for me as everything became about maximizing DPS to clear time gates and my class had one very obvious choice for that.

I got a Trickster up to level 30 and was thinking about trying another class. I thought the Technomancer might play the most different, assuming I was able to snipe, but that doesn’t seem all that realistic. Anyone have a suggested next class?

I had a good time with the Trickster. Ended the campaign at WT 10 and then played a few expeditions up to CT 7, and got WT up to 13 as I was grinding for the last achievement. I had the game use the highest WT for the majority of the campaign, but dropped it down a couple times when there were difficulty spikes that I couldn’t seem to get by. WT 7 seemed to be the biggest spike. I had to respec and pay attention to my gear more after that. Really like that respec is free and easy to get to.

I love auto-loot. Actually, they made all the inventory management really easy. I spent almost no time managing inventory, which is awesome.

There is a website that exists for Movies and TV shows. https://www.doesthedogdie.com/. It covers a range of items, including if the movie or tv show has spiders in them or not.

yeah - sorry if I miscommunicated that - it was just that it could be a great website, especially for those of us with slight discomfort towards arachnids!

I’ve really been enjoying this. After my Trickster, I ended up playing a Devastator, then Pyro and Technomancer (so all 4 classes).

I got to about CT10 with my Pyro before running into some survivability/dps issues, and switched back to my Devastator, which I really enjoyed all the way to CT15. I thought it would be the end of my play time with this title, but I decided to give the Technomancer a go, and OH MY GOD… I can’t even call this a glass cannon, it is like a glass death star. The amount of DPS the technomancer is capable of is insane. From what I’ve learned, I have some ideas now for my Pyro and Trickster to get them up to CT15, we’ll see how that goes.

Really having a great time with this. It isn’t without issues (matchmaking needs way more settings), but it is scratching a great itch for me right now.

I just picked up this game on PS5 since they had it on sale. I’ve only been playing solo, but have really enjoyed my time. I played the demo as a Pyro and wasn’t really feeling that class, so I switched to a Trickster and that has been awesome. I think it may be the best go-to class for solo players. You can pretty much just ignore cover, get into every enemy’s face and blast away with a shotgun to keep yourself effectively invincible for the entire encounter.

The weapon perks also get a lot more interesting the deeper you get in the game. Ironically, I think the demo kinda undersells the game’s virtues in a lot of ways. I think it’s easy to get the impression that the weapons will be super basic, that your enemies will be mostly human and that you’ll be spending most of the game in and around the starting town. There’s a ton of environmental variety and enemy types in the full game and there isn’t nearly as much level reuse as other games of this type. Most side quests, for example, will take you to a unique offshoot of the main level rather than just reusing main quest locations.

I’m also really enjoying the wry style to the writing and story.

I too have been playing this on PC recently!

As for class, I am always struggling to settle on one, but currently playing a Pyromancer at level 19. Its kinda insane, but it can make a bomb out of anyone, whether I can see them or not. Through mods, whenever I do so, all those within range are “Ashed” (Cant move), and when the bomb goes off, everything dies. So - That means I can just stand behind a wall, not seeing anyone, and just use the ability to set off people as bombs - kinda insane!

All things come to those who wait…