Overwatch - Blizzard's new IP

Wooo, made it to gold!

Placed at 1400, season low of 1200, managed to work up to gold though sticking with a good, communicative group, continuing to main support, but switching to mostly a Zen main. Turns out Zen is my best support with a 61% win rate with high percentile performances mostly across the board.

That said, the biggest contributor still remains teamwork. I feel I can certainly hold my own playing support in gold, I am certainly contributing enough, but being surrounded by a competent, communicative team means the tanks and DPS apply pressure and allow me to actually do my job. If things get a bit screwy, Zen turns out to be my best option to defend myself and carry on. So, I am happy with gold and think that is probably the level I can play an effective support at.

Another thing I think may have helped is adhering to a relatively strict ‘lose 2 comp games in a row and call it a night’ methodology to help avoid individual tilting, teamwork devolving into arguing, or the MMR putting you on a losing streak (presuming you prescribe to that being a thing).