Oxygen Not Included: Klei space colony sim

I’ve been playing my survival game, up to cycle 27. I’m definitely feeling like I’m progressing more slowly than intended, but I’ve had a bunch of fun getting to the point I am now.I am starting to feel a bit lost because I don’t have any obvious thing to try for. I guess I’m supposed to escape this place, so going up is probably a good idea.

The first things I did was to get a water supply (pitcher pump), an outhouse and wash basin. After a rough night of sleep, I figured I should get them some cots. They lived off of their rations until they started making their mushbars.

Then I started researching so I needed some power. Manual generator and a couple small batteries sufficed.I’m having a hard time getting them off the mush. I have 6 seeds of the rice things growing that I can use, but they are more of a treat than a staple. Got a compost pile going for my polluted dirt.

The oxygen ore stuff lasted a while, but eventually I added some oxygen diffusers. Kept hitting max pressure. After mucking around a while I got my carbon scrubbers working. For the longest time I didn’t realize I needed a pump for the water intake and the special pipe end to be able to drain the polluted water.

Then I cleared a nice place for them to eat and gave them tables, decorated their bedroom with crown molding. Added a super computer.

I needed some more power so the coal generator was added and upgraded to jumbo batteries. With the extra power I added some lighting, electric grill (although I still don’t have a lot of options for better food). Outhouses changed over to lavatories and washbasins to sinks. Oh, and added some refrigeration for food.

But, without some focus I’m losing steam - not sure how much longer it will hold my attention, but like I said a lot of fun up to this point.