Oxygen Not Included: Klei space colony sim

I learned from playing Don’t Starve late into its life/update cycle that I was not having as much fun as if I’d of played along as the updates rolled out. Having to check the wiki to learn to do stuff, isn’t as much fun as knowing what is added in the update and trying it out as they were released.

I feel this game is similar. Get it now, play as its updated. And I think upon release it will be extremely enjoyable.

Hmm. I’m intrigued. Are there any resources I should check out at this point, or just jump in?

Lots to read here :

http://oxygennotincluded.gamepedia.com/Oxygen_Not_Included_Wiki

Tried it. Played for about an hour. You know what, I think I’m not going to look at the wiki after all. Just going to try to not get my guys killed for as long as I can and see what I see. THanks everyone!

Edit: I also watched GuildBoss’s first video. Nicely done!

Thermal update! Cold toilet seats!

Spent a solid few hours with the new update, made it so far to 60 cycles!

Ignore the poisonous low levels of oxygen, vomit covered floors, and sportaic power outages! All of the 17 I mean 16 duplicates are just fine. Also ignore the 100% stress levels that 14 of them are suffering. I only have 2 back massage tables, I will plan better next time. :p

There was a food shortage for awhile, till I got a cook with level 7 skill, then that was resolved.

Sadly I am very low on algae, and the slime to algae process is too slow as I have it set up. This space colony is on the brink of total suffocation! D:

The only things working well are the water recycling system I have going, and the CO2 scrubber is working at 100%, just can’t make enough O2. :(

This game is gonna be amazing when its done.

Game will enter into Early Access on 5/18/17 , and an new update!

This is awesome - I have been really excited for this, and now it’s on Steam while I won’t play much (maybe a little) prior to launch (same as with Invisible, Inc. which worked out great) I do want to buy it ASAP to support Klei.

Haha. Binge Eaters.

Free stuff for Alpha adopters:

On July 12, all players who purchased the alpha version of the game will be given the opportunity to choose a gift from a selection of our top selling games. If you already own all of the games (thanks for your support!) then you will be able to choose a gift box containing rare Don’t Starve Together skins, with a guarantee of at least 1 elegant skin. This offer will only be available to Alpha players who purchased the game at the original price and will not apply to purchases made during Early-Access.

This looks cool so I think I might stream it tonight. I picked it up at the alpha price (which I think is still available)

Heh. I have all Klei games already. :-)

I think I do as well, though I don’t have all the DLC. I also don’t have SHANK on Steam, but I have it on my MS account or something.

I grabbed this to support Klei (and because it looked like a more fun version of Rim World) and put about 40 minutes in now. I don’t plan on playing it much before it goes to 1.0 but I just love these guys and their games, so picking this up early is a no-brainer.

Man, this is really something else. So much charm, character, humor, and honest enjoyment to be had so far, and I’ve barely scratched the surface of what is here, let alone what’s coming. These guys are rockstars.

One of the Steam tags for this game should be flatulence.

:D

This was on sale recently for $20 (I think that’s the so-called ‘alpha price’) so I bit since I was looking for something builder-ish to play. And given Klei’s track record with Don’t Starve, I broke my rule of not getting involved in Early Access games.

The current version is the ‘Agricultural Update’ so I suppose they focused on ag-related features.

My overall reaction is that the game is in decent shape, but it’s obviously not complete. There’s been a big focus on the early game, but after a while (say 60 cycles or so) you sort of run out of things to do - it’s pretty easy to complete all the research by then, and you can keep building for sure, but you’ll begin to run across materials that don’t (yet) have any explicit use (gases like chlorine, and gold amalgam… sort of exotic stuff IMHO). So if feels like the content runs out in mid-game.

Which is ok - after all, it’s still Early Access, so I didn’t expect it to be complete, and they don’t claim it’s complete. So as long as they continue to refine and add content I think the game is in good shape.

Only played one real long game but I also felt that the game is tuned to be pretty easy now - I had some horrible stuff going on, certain areas were chock full of CO2, the entire area was too cold, food supplies were still pretty basic (dirt bar, anyone?), and stress levels of the duplicants were hitting 100% now and then, which causes them to spaz out - even so, the colony kept functioning (or rather I should say it didn’t collapse). Maybe I was lucky and I had a ton of Oxygen generation, but I never encountered any real hurdles in expanding my space and keeping things going … the Duplicants weren’t terribly happy but hey, sucks to be them!

I don’t know that I’ll play a lot until they add more content, so as it stands now it’s not a game that I can see spending a lot of time with; however, I do think the foundation is there to make this one really good. Just have to bide my time.

Yep, thats where I am too @Charlatan , shelved it until it hits 1.0. It has a lot of promise and no doubt will be a ton of fun when it is fully fleshed out.

Haven’t played in awhile, new update is out!

Oxygen Not Included has received an all new disease system, complete with new illnesses, attributes, overlays and more. These additions should make disease a challenging obstacle for Duplicants to overcome as they try to maintain the strength of their immune systems in a world teeming with disease.

OIL!

Is this more of a crafting-survival game, like Don’t Starve, or more of a city builder, like Anno or maybe even something like Startopia? This looks interesting to me, but I bounced off Don’t Starve pretty hard.